Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Headunit that supports full voice commands?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I emailed Pioneer if they had any headunit that supporst full voice commands (Next, Previous, Play, Paause, Vol at 40, etc) and they said no and they only support iOS not Android.

I was looking for a headunit that outputs good W of power but that fully supports voice commands so I can next track/folder, pause, change the volume, etc.

Thanks

Posted

AutoPC was in the works, but I haven't heard anything more than that, some of the more higher end marques use voice command headunits

but if I may? Pioneer only support ios? In what way? As mine is currently paired to an sgs3 and works flawlessly regardless of the activity (mostly just so I can use it as a pseudo carphone)

and has done with all my Bluetooth phones...

(Pioneer FH-P80BT)

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello,

but if I may? Pioneer only support ios? In what way? As mine is currently paired to an sgs3 and works flawlessly regardless of the activity (mostly just so I can use it as a pseudo carphone)

and has done with all my Bluetooth phones...

(Pioneer FH-P80BT)

She problably only ment for voice commands.

Posted

Hello,She problably only ment for voice commands.

Ahh, my misunderstanding.

Posted

JVC has some features, but can't say how well they work.  I would be looking for this, but just bought a Taurus with Sync, so not looking anymore.

Posted

Hello,

JVC has some features, but can't say how well they work.  I would be looking for this, but just bought a Taurus with Sync, so not looking anymore.

Which models from JVC? Thanks :)

Posted

Get a car with steering wheel controls and Bluetooth and you won't have to worry about it. Granted they usually don't have the best output, but nothing beats a clean factory install.

Posted

Hello,

Get a car with steering wheel controls and Bluetooth and you won't have to worry about it. Granted they usually don't have the best output, but nothing beats a clean factory install.

I do have a car with steering wheel controls but my head unit (or any head unit except stock) isnt compatible with it. The head unit I currently use has Bluetooth itself (for music and/or hands free)