Neowin's new staffing structure

I can see a moderator's job like a school official at recess making sure kids aren't misbehaving, and if they do they have to sit out for a while. On the other hand,  I have never been a moderator, so I really can't say what its truly like. I am sure it is a tough job though.

I can see a moderator's job like a school official at recess making sure kids aren't misbehaving, and if they do they have to sit out for a while. On the other hand,  I have never been a moderator, so I really can't say what its truly like. I am sure it is a tough job though.

Sort of, sort of not, probably the hardest part is seperating your own feelings on the subject matter or individual from the actual process of moderation. You`ll allways get the ones who like pushing things as far as they can get away with, sometimes decisions have to made after consultation. i.e 3 mods must agree before an action can be administered...

Good luck to all in the new positions, some of you are gonna need it :p

Every member is a moderator in a sense, because there is report buttons everywhere. 

• Like 3

I run a Facebook page or two, and I have to check it everyday for misuse and spam. I have to decide whether to delete someone's post, decide what is appropriate, and what I dislike most to do is to ban a Facebook fan from the page. Also because you are the administrator of a facebook page, you have to be nice at all times and not get into feuds with someone being a not so nice person.

Sort of, sort of not, probably the hardest part is seperating your own feelings on the subject matter or individual from the actual process of moderation.

Yea, that is key.  Fanboys would not make a good moderator IMO,

• Like 1

I run a Facebook page or two, and I have to check it everyday for misuse and spam. I have to decide whether to delete someone's post, decide what is appropriate, and what I dislike most to do is to ban a Facebook fan from the page. Also because you are the administrator of a facebook page, you have keep be nice at all times and not get into feuds with someone being a not so nice person.

Basically the same as forum moderation.

Munky! :o (Y)

/Slips back into the shadows :ninja:

Radman!!!!!!!! dont you dare its about time you came back we miss your radish!!!!!

• Like 6

Munky! :o (Y)

/Slips back into the shadows :ninja:

Nice to see you back :p

• Like 3

Who is running the Microsoft Enlightenment and Positive News Division? 

I am, if you have any questions please feel free message me with comments or positive Microsoft news tips   :laugh:

I am, if you have any questions please feel free message me with comments or positive Microsoft news tips   :laugh:

I thought that was part of every member's responsibility here. :D

At this stage, we are discussing between ourselves suitable candidates, then approaching them, rather than an application system.

Do you really approach them, or is it really true that you abduct them?

• Like 5

They come up in a giant bus formally the Windows Vista bus, grab you and take you to Neowin's headquarters! :laugh:

• Like 2

Not hard to moderate. Ive done so on other sites. Just takes a little time/commitment and desire to want to moderate and deal with user BS.

I have to agree with you, for almost identical reasons