Xbox One Launch Thread

Update: Downloaded Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason to try out.  Can't do much trying out.  Stupid game is giving me this error:

"The Kinect Sensor needs a clear view of the play space to continue.  Please ensure that the Kinect Sensor is not obstructed, or return Home and run the Kinect Tuner, before continuing."

I have about 10ft between me and the kinect and the only thing between us is my glass coffee table.  Guess I really will go back to CoD: Ghosts.

I ran into a similar issue the first time I tried to play Rivals.

I went into the 'Settings' tile and chose the Kinect tile. There I ran the calibration and it showed that Kinect could not see the floor properly. It gave me a little guide to tilt Kinect until it lined up on screen and then Rivals played through just fine.

I ran into a similar issue the first time I tried to play Rivals.

I went into the 'Settings' tile and chose the Kinect tile. There I ran the calibration and it showed that Kinect could not see the floor properly. It gave me a little guide to tilt Kinect until it lined up on screen and then Rivals played through just fine.

I moved my coffee table out of the way and it worked.  I'm not impressed with the game though.  I really just wanted to play bowling, but it's not available, just the wave racer game.

I moved my coffee table out of the way and it worked.  I'm not impressed with the game though.  I really just wanted to play bowling, but it's not available, just the wave racer game.

Yeah, I'll probably pick up Rivals since it'll have a fairly nice selection of games, but the demo was just too limited.

Although I will say that the controls worked fine for me. A game like that with the first Kinect would have been nothing but frustration and yet now I can actually sit down on my couch and play the game through. I was even able to get better at it after a few tries. When I moved the right way, it moved with me. I just didn't feel like I was fighting the control as much as I had with the previous gen.

I hope they can get a update out quick and fix/add a few things soon.   Unless they want to wait till after the holidays and then do it, which could be the case.   Let's hope they move quick though.

I just hope this bring back audio messages... it's god dammed annoying having to type out  a message (using my iPad... ;) ) than just say my message -.-'

My friend was complaining to me yesterday that his controller would work in the home screen but suddenly not work in NBA 2k14 .. works on and off I told him to try using a usb cable to connect the controller so it doesnt use the batteries and it was working and then said it happened again.. This happening  to anyone ?

Sweet, just as I was waiting for my replacement console (I had a dodgy drive) just had an email from MS saying I can get a free game :D Definitely makes it a little better.

• Like 2

My friend was complaining to me yesterday that his controller would work in the home screen but suddenly not work in NBA 2k14 .. works on and off I told him to try using a usb cable to connect the controller so it doesnt use the batteries and it was working and then said it happened again.. This happening  to anyone ?

First time I've heard of this issue, maybe his controller has a problem?   I guess the only way to check is to use a different controller with the system and see if that works and it's not a problem with the XB1 itself.

I hope they can get a update out quick and fix/add a few things soon.   Unless they want to wait till after the holidays and then do it, which could be the case.   Let's hope they move quick though.

I thought you didn't have an x1 yet..  what are you hoping they fix?

(mind you, i'm not against any updates lol.. i'm loving my X1 but have seen some quirks/bugs/growing pains just nothing worryingly so..)

i've heard this game is buggy and has controller problems with 2 controllers, does your buddy have 2 active controllers on his xb1?

I agree about ryse. I think reviewers minds were tainted from earlier builds. also, they probably got sick of the game from seeing it and playing it from earlier in the year up until release. I finished the campaign on centurion. I really liked it, more so than the battlefield 4 campaign,which bore me to death half way through. 

the gladiator mode is loads of fun too. Sometimes I just want to pickup the controller and kill enemies,so this suits these needs.  the visuals are also insane. its art, plain and simple, like a movie. the music is good too.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about picking up Ryse, because it looks fairly fun to me (still not a fan of QTE, however). Can you play gladiator on local multiplayer? I hate how more and more games are abandoning local multiplayer/co-op -- sometimes I just want to invite a friend over and play.

Edit: Bah, no, it doesn't: http://www.co-optimus.com/game/3027/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome.html

I think I found a bug.

If you allow the xbox to turn off your devices when it turns off, it will also do it when you restart the console. The only problem is, it doesn't turn your devices back on.

I found this out when I went to rename my console, which stupidly requires a reboot.

I've been thinking about picking up Ryse, because it looks fairly fun to me (still not a fan of QTE, however). Can you play gladiator on local multiplayer? I hate how more and more games are abandoning local multiplayer/co-op -- sometimes I just want to invite a friend over and play.

Edit: Bah, no, it doesn't: http://www.co-optimus.com/game/3027/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome.html

I have seen a lot of positive impressions of Ryse's gameplay once you crank up the difficulty (Centurion or something).

I thought you didn't have an x1 yet..  what are you hoping they fix?

(mind you, i'm not against any updates lol.. i'm loving my X1 but have seen some quirks/bugs/growing pains just nothing worryingly so..)

I don't have one yet, it's not out in my market and I don't feel like importing one because if something does go wrong that's a whole other set of problems to deal with.   I'm hoping they push out updates quick, is all.  No reason for them to sit on things for months at this point, this system isn't designed like the Xbox 360.  The OS being Windows 8 more or less means they can push out updates quicker without having to do a whole dashboard update like the 360. 

First time I've heard of this issue, maybe his controller has a problem?   I guess the only way to check is to use a different controller with the system and see if that works and it's not a problem with the XB1 itself.

i've heard this game is buggy and has controller problems with 2 controllers, does your buddy have 2 active controllers on his xb1?

im going to bring my controller and see if it happens to him.... and nope he only has one controller

I think I found a bug.

If you allow the xbox to turn off your devices when it turns off, it will also do it when you restart the console. The only problem is, it doesn't turn your devices back on.

I found this out when I went to rename my console, which stupidly requires a reboot.

This would be a symptom of your kinect sensor not being placed out far enough to IR talk to the other devices, or the other devices tucked away too deep. Sadly MS decided to drop HDMI-CEC support and everything is controlled via IR. :/

This would be a symptom of your kinect sensor not being placed out far enough to IR talk to the other devices, or the other devices tucked away too deep. Sadly MS decided to drop HDMI-CEC support and everything is controlled via IR. :/

I'm not too sure about that. It turns on my devices when I say "Xbox On".

I'm not too sure about that. It turns on my devices when I say "Xbox On".

I cheated a bit.  I got one of those smart power strips where the XB1 is plugged into the "active" port and when the XB1 resumes the power strip turns on the other 3 ports..  no worries about IR remote power on there.

I do hope to see CEC support added eventually but not many products support that at all..

I have seen a lot of positive impressions of Ryse's gameplay once you crank up the difficulty (Centurion or something).

when you beat centurion, you unlock the legendary difficulty, which is even more difficult..

I agree about ryse. I think reviewers minds were tainted from earlier builds. also, they probably got sick of the game from seeing it and playing it from earlier in the year up until release. I finished the campaign on centurion. I really liked it, more so than the battlefield 4 campaign,which bore me to death half way through. 

the gladiator mode is loads of fun too. Sometimes I just want to pickup the controller and kill enemies,so this suits these needs.  the visuals are also insane. its art, plain and simple, like a movie. the music is good too.

I read the Kotaku review with surprise after seeing what I guess were "frist impressions":

Ryse: Son of Rome is what I want from a next-gen game. It's something different. And it's something impressive.

Ryse is also a game I expected to not like very much, so let's give it one more label: a pleasant surprise on day one for Xbox One.

Well I talked to Microsoft Store for the third time today about my Day One that never got processed, they created a new order and are processing the console now, plus will process a partial refund after it's fully charged to compensate for not being here Friday.

Yeesh.

Ok so anyone with Need for Speed Rivals, is it just me or is the external car view just a bit too low? It feels like I am always trying to peak over the roof of the car to see ahead, and if you are a cop with when you light up the red and blues it's even harder to see ahead of you. Any way to adjust the angle?