Students under fire for 'catch illegal immigrant' game

That's like saying that Justin Bieber is very close to becoming a douche bag, or that the Octomom is very close to having too many kids, or that Rob Ford is close to becoming incredulous...

That ship has sailed, entered it's port of call, and sailed again  :)

LOL i guess, IMO though it doesn't have to be. It shouldn't matter where you come from, illegally entering the country is illegal. 

I think you've misunderstood the issue. It is illegal immigrants that people are upset about.

U.S.A. is stuffed full of illegal immigrants.

We all know this has to do with Mexicans (central Americans) and people from South America.

If they are white Europeans it would be ingored.

LOL i guess, IMO though it doesn't have to be. It shouldn't matter where you come from, illegally entering the country is illegal.

It shouldn't have to be, but this is America. Illegal immigration is, and has always been, about race and ethnicity in the U.S.. That's how cannabis got the name marijuana, and why it was made illegal in the 1930s.

If these were mostly white Canadian illegal immigrants coming into America, there would be a very different reaction.

You know how you can know that... Two of the three major issues of those so adamantly against illegal immigration, crime and destroying the "American way of life" are erased. Not that they were ever valid arguments to begin with.

In 1937, U.S. Narcotics Commissioner Henry Anslinger testified before Congress in the hearings that would result in the introduction of federal restrictions on marijuana. According to druglibrary.org, Anslinger's testimony included a letter from Floyd Baskette, the city editor of the Alamosa (Colo.) Daily Courier, which said in part, "I wish I could show you what a small marihuana cigaret can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents. That's why our problem is so great; the greatest percentage of our population is composed of Spanish-speaking persons, most of who are low mentally, because of social and racial conditions."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2013/07/14/201981025/the-mysterious-history-of-marijuana

Edited by thomastmc

We all know this has to do with Mexicans (central Americans) and people from South America.

It might be ignored for a bit longer, but eventually the citizens would get tired of that too. The illegals are not only taking jobs for citizens, but in many cases they collect healthcare and other government benefits. I don't care what color they are, I'm tired of it too.

Maybe because white Europeans aren't coming illegally into the US in anywhere the numbers that Mexicans are. And how do you know they would be ignored. Do you have any proof to back up that claim or are you just talking the usual US hate?

, have the right to be there without any form of prejudice. You know for a fact that the people targeted will be of hispanic background too, it's not like people will go around picking on the "white" man. I know it's horrible when everything turns into a racist thing but imo this is very close to becomming that.

This part is wrong im afraid, prejudice is fine if they had the right to be free from it they would be in said country legally.. if they were free from prejudice they would have been made legal by the government (the government are prejudice for not letting everyone in).

while I agree about the hispanics....

here specially in the uk it is white people that are targeted for being illegal as most of the immigrants in areas are eastern European just happens in america hispanics are connected by land  

This part is wrong im afraid, prejudice is fine if they had the right to be free from it they would be in said country legally.. if they were free from prejudice they would have been made legal by the government (the government are prejudice for not letting everyone in).

while I agree about the hispanics....

here specially in the uk it is white people that are targeted for being illegal as most of the immigrants in areas are eastern European just happens in america hispanics are connected by land  

I think you may need to re-quote me on here, here is my actual sentance without any clipping.

This will be the type of game that ends up pointing the finger at legal migrants which whether you want there or not, have the right to be there without any form of prejudice.

Agreed on the second part, over in the UK the majority of migrants can come from as far as the middle east to as close as Europe in which most have a "western appearance" but that hispanic comment was more aimed at the article. Maybe I am wrong but I think Thomas agreed to an extent earlier, if this was a bunch of canadians then there more than likely wouldnt be AS MUCH of a fuss.