Need For Speed: Rivals x64 - Impressions/Thoughts?

Athernar, that STILL means a reference HARDWARE platform, that can actually keep up with that reference standard in terms of frames per second (not all hardware can, which is, in fact, the whole selling point for hardware upgrades).  Hence the "variety of hardware" PROBLEM.  For consoles, that is indeed easier, since consoles within a given brand (PS4, for example) are not supposed to vary at all.

However, PCs vary, and vary widely - which makes such a reference-standard problematical, even though said standard is higher than it was with last-gen (PS3).  If you do what you are suggesting, exactly what is the difference from the way ports had previously been done?  While it may satisfy those closer to the high end, it leaves the minimum-end folks (such as myself) out in the cold (which is precisely the "sin" the original Crysis committed).  What exactly ARE your hardware specs (on your gaming hardware), Athernar?  I do have a point - the majority of folks complaining have higher-end hardware.

Nope, you're wrong yet again as hardware really doesn't have anything to do with the matter at all, I will repeat myself for the nth time: This is purely a matter of software and sensible design practices.

Frametime (and occasionally rate too) will vary even on a console as the work required to complete a given frame is variable, so even on a console using the framerate as a time reference is a bad idea because you've introduced a degree of jitter.

Really now PGHammer, give it up. You're not fooling anyone with this silly charade.

why are you asking for peoples opinions and then asking what people want? you asked people what they thought of the game.. now you seem.. to criticize them for speaking out? ask what you really want and not some vague question how they like BRAND-X then ask them to answer your question about what kind of game they want.. will ya?

I'm asking for the reasons why they are choosing to hate on the game.  They think it's a bad game - I want to know why.  (I'm also not looking any of the generalist "I hate EA and everything they do so I'll trash this EA game" sort of commentary - which is why I limited the thread to the x64 version.)

Is that so hard to fathom?

I'm asking for the reasons why they are choosing to hate on the game.  They think it's a bad game - I want to know why.  (I'm also not looking any of the generalist "I hate EA and everything they do so I'll trash this EA game" sort of commentary - which is why I limited the thread to the x64 version.)

Is that so hard to fathom?

Not sure everyone talking about how bad it's coded (assuming discussing theory) has actually played it. Based on this and the Frostbite engine, we're just talking x64 not even taking much advantage of multiple cores, I may never have to upgrade again, lol.

I have heard that some who bump the framerate with the command line experience time shift and bad physics. Works perfectly for me\my system. They must be talking online.