PXE server on Windows and cloning disks

Hello,

This is sort of a two part question.

First, I want to run a PXE boot server on my PC (PC A) that has Windows 7 installed. What I would like to do is mount a ISO on PC A, have another PC boot to PC A and install OSs What or how do I do this?

Second, after doing this, I want to make a image so that I clone it to different HDDs and have a backup. Does the hardware changes from PC to PC matter dramatically. For example (example out of the air): 2010 motherboard with SATA1 drive a AMD processor with AMD video card is cloned to a 2013 motherboard with SATA3 drive a Intel processor and a nVidia video card.

Thanks

You need to pxe boot. Windows server has the capability and so do imaging suites like acronis. You can create your own pxe environment but will need a bit more than Windows pcs.

Hello,

You need to pxe boot. Windows server has the capability and so do imaging suites like acronis. You can create your own pxe environment but will need a bit more than Windows pcs.

So I install Acronis Snap Deploy 4 on my Windows 7 machine and everyone can boot from it using its IP?

Something like that. That is specific to booting to an Acronis environment to push out Acronis based images. Was using that as an example. Symantec ghost has a pxe as well, so do many other image utilities.

Hello,

Serva logs tell me this:

(MAC made up)

[11/20 15:30:49.676] PDHCP Err: >> Too many clients; "Supporter" license required. Ignoring MAC Dell/11:11:11:11:11:11 request

Repeated. Only one client is trying to boot using PXE.

and also http://www.ccboot.com/pxe-boot-windows.htm

I am sure there are more if you Google a bit.

Will look at and try that now.

Looked over it and setup looks a bit more time consuming.

Thanks.