Photo

Selling a boxed legal copy of MS office 2007 pro but how?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 OP Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,351 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:29

Ok so finally got it sold shipped. Got an abusive/passive aggressive this morning claiming despite the fact I clearly stated on the listing that it may require telephone activation that it won't activate... it is not in use as far as I genuinely know thoughts? See image for full text and my polite response. I am willing to give him his money back as long as I get my office back.... have edit my response to leave out addresses but went on politely to say I will issue a refund when he for fills my request and I have no problem opening a case too.

Thoughts anyone?

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG
  • my response.PNG

#17 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,660 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:39

Here's the thing: Guy is a moron.

You can activate an office license a thousand times if you say '1' when you do phone activation.

Either he didn't call, or he installed it and just wants his money back along with a free version of office.

The information in this thread is correct, legally, but not correct in practice. You could, in reality, have the software installed and running on 45 PCs in your house and still call up and activate it by phone, as long as you say its only on one PC.

#18 plasmarox

plasmarox

Neowinian

• 336 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:40

If the buyer hasn't tried the phone activation as per the listing then they are in the wrong.

Unfortunately eBay may not see it this way. However, even if the buyer opens a case with ebay they will still have to send the item back to you (recorded, and give ebay the tracking number). Ebay will not refund the buyer until the courier confirms the item has been delivered back to you.

#19 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,611 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:54

If the buyer hasn't tried the phone activation as per the listing then they are in the wrong.

Unfortunately eBay may not see it this way. However, even if the buyer opens a case with ebay they will still have to send the item back to you (recorded, and give ebay the tracking number). Ebay will not refund the buyer until the courier confirms the item has been delivered back to you.

very true, he didn't even activated by phone because if he did then it would be activated. best is to sell to someone else as that guy can't even read the description in the listing.

#20 OP Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,351 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 21:57

Here's the thing: Guy is a moron.

You can activate an office license a thousand times if you say '1' when you do phone activation.

Either he didn't call, or he installed it and just wants his money back along with a free version of office.

The information in this thread is correct, legally, but not correct in practice. You could, in reality, have the software installed and running on 45 PCs in your house and still call up and activate it by phone, as long as you say its only on one PC.

That's what I thought and stated on the listing. Yep your second point has me thinking the vile reaction I got of him and the fact he certainly had my address on the back of the postage box leaves me suspicious. Re you third point AGAIN I DO NOT but as you have said it should still work.

Indeed he would be,, he was not clear about that in his message. Sounds fair enough long as I don't have to move first since the key could and should still have value. Im so honest I still have his money in PayPal but he is sounding suspicious to me.

#21 OP Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,351 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 22:38

Bump and update: the seller threatened to open a case against me this hasn't happened, and said upon return of his money he would mail the copy off office back to me today. I have had no communication with the seller in any respect, I still have his money in my PayPal (I had not withdrew it yet) and don't want to move it to my bank until its "mine". Thoughts should I open a case against the seller/report him I mean he still has the right to leave feedback against me, and I don't want to consider the matter closed without him responding?

Should I give him the weekend to contact me?

#22 OP Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,351 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 13:51

Sorry to bump my own thread but this will be my last post on the subject mods, only to say the issue has magically resolved itself... for anyone who does not want to read the entire tread I shall put all the logs back on... Don't know if it was a genuine mistake or an attempt to scam me but given his outburst I found it suspicious and the buyers turn around most amusing.

Have edited the log screen shots to remove identifying information and addresses, but on my first message at the bottom after my address I suggested I had no problem with opening a counter eBay case against him... well party time... ive made some christmas present and starbucks money now I feel I can use his money (because thats how honest I am :) )... amusing given his outburst happy days!

Attached Images

• buyer 1.png
  • Me 1.png
  • Buyer 2.PNG
  • Me 2.PNG

#23 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,496 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 14:01

I think your biggest problem is going to get someone to actually buy Office 2007 for the price you think it should go for.  

#24 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,707 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 14:22

Sounds like a genuine mistake to me.

Looks like the guy expected it to work out the box and it didn't got stressed.

Now the problem is solved as he has tried phone activation and now he is happy and so is his email response.

#25 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,131 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 07 December 2013 - 14:26

I think your biggest problem is going to get someone to actually buy Office 2007 for the price you think it should go for.  

I know right, who in their right mind would still use or want Office 2007, it's antique junk now

#26 OP Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,351 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 15:17

Well it sold for £99 the rough going rate on eBay,

Sounds like a genuine mistake to me.

Looks like the guy expected it to work out the box and it didn't got stressed.

Now the problem is solved as he has tried phone activation and now he is happy and so is his email response.

Yep so sorted now.

I know right, who in their right mind would still use or want Office 2007, it's antique junk now

I know but it is still better than open office. 2003 is junk now!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!