UK Xbox One digital store prices revealed

Xbox One LIVE store prices revealed

The prices for launch titles on the Xbox One have been revealed. We have no idea if this was already known or not, but it certainly wasn't to us.

Anyway, a user on AVForums posted up photographic proof of the prices, along with some pictures of his Xbox One, which is nice.

We have no idea how he got his Xbox One early (it looks like it's the Forza Bundle) but he's pretty lucky in any case.

So what are the prices of the digital launch titles then?

Xbox LIVE Store prices

Crimson dragon - ?15.99

Ki ultra - ?31.99 - single character 3.99

Power star golf - ?15.99

Zoo tycoon - ?49.99

Loco cycle - ?15.99

Zumba fitness - unavailable - 24gb

Assassins creed IV - ?54.99

Angry Bird: Star Wars - ?35.19

Madden - ?54.99

Just Dance - 39.99

Fighter Within - ?49.99

Battlefield 4 - ?54.99

Need for Speed - ?54.99

Dead Rising 3 - ?44.99 - Day one Premium edition (with DLC) - ?64.99

EA NBA - ?54.99

COD Ghosts - Unknown (Listed as ?9.99 due to digital version being bought already via Xbox 360)

So there we go. There doesn't seem to be much difference between Shop prices and Digital prices at the moment. Perhaps the most interesting part is that Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon and Loco Cycle are listed for ?15.99. 

Do these seem like fair prices to you?

Source

$47 for Angry Birds,  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

No thanks

• Like 2

*sigh*.

Why do they insist on pricing digital downloads higher than retail disks?

I can go to amazon and order a disk of NFS, including the cost of producing the disk, Amazon's cut, and the postage costs, for ?45. Why does it cost ?55 to download?

I know, you'd think physical games would be more expensive because you get the physical case and disc plus the game itself.  

*sigh*.

I can go to amazon and order a disk of NFS, including the cost of producing the disk, Amazon's cut, and the postage costs, for ?45. Why does it cost ?55 to download?

*sigh*.

I wonder the same thing about digital movie rentals... why the hell are they twice the cost of RedBox?

The best I can come up with is because people seem to be willing to pay more for the convenience of having it now and not having to get off their lazy butt.

What's MS's policy on redownloading a title?  If you can freely delete and re-download any title, they might chalk up the extra cost in expected bandwidth fees.  It looks like the AAA titles for XBox One will most likely exceed 50GB on average (some of the launch titles already go over that).  So with a 500GB hard drive they really HAVE to let you re-download stuff or else you would be limited to 10 digital games and then you have to upgrade your HDD.

Seems about what I expected, prices in line with physical copies.

Prices are several ?s more than disc based copies though, this will make me stick to the disc based games now, and i really wanted to go digital.

This is just dumb!

If they want people to go digital there should be an incentive for doing so.

This way everybody will just keep buying physical discs.

Bad move MS, and I guess Sony will do the exact same thing :(

This is just dumb!

If they want people to go digital there should be an incentive for doing so.

This way everybody will just keep buying physical discs.

Bad move MS, and I guess Sony will do the exact same thing :(

I've read Microsoft doesn't set the prices.  Its the publisher that sets prices.  Or am I wrong?

I've read Microsoft doesn't set the prices.  Its the publisher that sets prices.  Or am I wrong?

I would assume that they set prices together?

Pachter thinks MS really appreciates it's retails partners, and wants to keep them as happy as possible, this seems to indicate that he is right (for once).

EDIT: Yet this contradicts that, somewhat...

Found this article.  Anyone else know any truth behind it all?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353888/xbox-one-game-pricing-up-to-publishers-phil-spencer

Why isn't Forza on that list? :hmmm:

Found this article.  Anyone else know any truth behind it all?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353888/xbox-one-game-pricing-up-to-publishers-phil-spencer

Ok, so apparently MS doesn't set the prices.

They could still set an example and price their own digital games $10-$15 cheaper then then physical disks.

Maybe the other publishers will follow, you never know