Microsoft Selling Scroogled Swag

Microsoft getting more and more pathetic.  I am sure a lot of unknowing people will fall for this.  Funny regardless but I guess this is the new marketing.  Try to confuse users, or sue them.  I miss the old days where the products spoke for themselves.

Stay classy MS

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Scroogled/categoryID.67575900

post-91978-0-24632900-1384982263.png

Who exactly is doing the confusing?  Microsoft is trying to make users aware to the extent that Google uses their data.  It's a classic case of "my product is better than that product and here's why."  Once you're informed you can make a decision on what to use.

• Like 2

Who exactly is doing the confusing?  Microsoft is trying to make users aware to the extent that Google uses their data.  It's a classic case of "my product is better than that product and here's why."  Once you're informed you can make a decision on what to use.

Google doesnt steal data.  When someone signs up for their services, you are told what Google does and you have to agree to the terms.  So people give Google permission to do what they are doing.  That is not stealing.  If people do not read/understand the TOS...no one's fault but their own.

Shouldn't this kind of promo material be free?

Seems strange to pay to be a billboard...

This is pretty low, it's hard imaging MS resorting to this type of marketing.

It is, but pretty funny to.  MS spending all this money on the scroogled campaign and it really isnt working much.  Just putting Google's name out there and their services out there. Some times bad marketing has the adverse effect.

Since most people don't know or care what "scroggled" is, this is more of an advertisement for Google.

Regardless, whoever is pumping these lame jabs out really has a terrible sense of creativity.

It is, but pretty funny to.  MS spending all this money on the scroogled campaign and it really isnt working much.  Just putting Google's name out there and their services out there. Some times bad marketing has the adverse effect.

This is exactly that what's happening.

Makes me think if MS tore out a page from Sega's tactics in the early 90s "Genesis does what Nintendon't". However this form of aggressive marketing is not conveying why Bing is any better.

I'm surprised that Google made a YouTube app for the Xbox One considering that Microsoft is still doing this silly campaign. :o

They did?

MS should reject it and claim it doesn't meet some nebulous requirements despite working with Google to resolve them.  Cue MS's Windows Phone 8 YouTube app.

*cough*

www.googlestore.com

www.apple.com/companystore

*cough*

So I take it as MS isn't selling enough copies of windows 8, and has to resort to selling gear to make the bottom line?

Really ingenious by MS.  Making money from paranoid/misinformed people or from people who believe everything that comes from MS.  Kinda makes you wonder who really is getting scroogled.

Eh I don't work for either... but I could use a new mug too.  If a Google employee takes offense.. well, get out of my house and stop reading my mugs.

Original post sounds more like it belongs in the soapbox though.

They did?

MS should reject it and claim it doesn't meet some nebulous requirements despite working with Google to resolve them.  Cue MS's Windows Phone 8 YouTube app.

Yeah! https://www.neowin.net/news/google-releases-youtube-app-for-xbox-one

Why would they do that? :huh: It would not benefit them in the slightest and it means that the users would miss out because of an unsolved depute. :/

This is getting ridiculous. Sure, sell company-branded gear, but I'm pretty sure Google didn't authorize the Chrome logo to be included on a cheeky mug.

Google doesnt steal data.  When someone signs up for their services, you are told what Google does and you have to agree to the terms.  So people give Google permission to do what they are doing.  That is not stealing.  If people do not read/understand the TOS...no one's fault but their own.

Is that why they got sued time and time again for "sniffing" around with their mobile cars? 

Is that why they got sued time and time again for "sniffing" around with their mobile cars? 

Different story/issue and not apart of the Scroogled campaign.  Google searching emails has nothing to do with the suits against them for the mobile cars.  And I said when people sign up for Google Services and again, is what MS is targeting...Google's services.