Microsoft Selling Scroogled Swag

Or maybe MS is just having a bit of fun and the ones whining about it just don't get it.

Google is big enough to handle it, doubt it'll have any impact what so ever.

The mug would be fun to have and I'm not paranoid or misinformed.

People take somethings way too serious.    

:)

Making money from paranoid/misinformed people or from people who believe everything that comes from MS.

Sounds like this one site I know!  What was it.. naowin.... niowin... naivewin... it'll come to me!

Google doesnt steal data.  When someone signs up for their services, you are told what Google does and you have to agree to the terms.  So people give Google permission to do what they are doing.  That is not stealing.  If people do not read/understand the TOS...no one's fault but their own.

It's also my fault when I forget to uncheck "install Google Chrome" whenever I update Flash, but it sure is a sneaky way of getting Google's spyware on my system.

Yeah! https://www.neowin.net/news/google-releases-youtube-app-for-xbox-one

Why would they do that? :huh: It would not benefit them in the slightest and it means that the users would miss out because of an unsolved depute. :/

I was gonna say "just to show they can be ###### too, but MS wouldn't stoop to that level", but then, we're discussing Scroogled swag...

I was gonna say "just to show they can be ###### too, but MS wouldn't stoop to that level", but then, we're discussing Scroogled swag...

Yeah, so both companies are in the wrong, but for completely different reasons. :/

Who exactly is doing the confusing?  Microsoft is trying to make users aware to the extent that Google uses their data.  It's a classic case of "my product is better than that product and here's why."  Once you're informed you can make a decision on what to use.

Yes but they are using what is pretty much a very slight variation of the google logo on a shirt they are selling. I'm not even sure this is legal.

Shouldn't this kind of promo material be free?

Seems strange to pay to be a billboard...

People do it all the time. Any kind of t-shirt, jacket, jeans, whatever with a logo on it is free advertising for that company. And yet many pay more for designer stuff so they can be marketing tools for that brand . .

FAIL

How does Google feel about Microsoft's clothing line? The company appears to be taking it in stride. "Microsoft's latest venture comes as no surprise; competition in the wearables space really is heating up," a spokesperson told The Verge

While Google allegedly wants to steal your data. Microsoft also wants to steal your beloved desktop.

Been using Chrome since 2008, Google still haven't stolen my data yet. Did I miss something?

They have though.  What's actually ironic is the quote you have above your pic while you're defending Google.

While Google allegedly wants to steal your data. Microsoft also wants to steal your beloved desktop.

They can have it!

I'm sure this has been discussed before outside of, or even inside, this topic, but is there really a difference here?

I used to back MS because I'm a major privacy nut and I much prefer my data not being mined for profits... At least without a clear choice on my part (I'd rather pay to have my privacy than have it all free while being sold as a product)...

Now Microsoft is pressing hard with their Ad network and doing the same practices they are squeezing Google for...

Microsoft by default sends local search queries to Bing, they similarly mine Outlook.com mail messages, etc...

The sad reality is our information is big business and we're no long customers so much as products in a showroom.