The 3% of people using Windows Vista still

I love it how when it was released everyone was saying how crap it was (which was true) and now all these people just to sound cool and differentiate themselves from the mass that still hates Vista, are posting from the safety of Windows 7 and Windows 8 stating that Vista was an amazing OS and it was the users fault if he tried to install it on something less than Quad core with 4 gb of ram.

Bravo.

Have you considered the possibility that there might be some out there who actually like Windows Vista? If one's preference is genuine, it does not stem from another's perception or differentiation.

Also, bear in mind that without Windows Vista, the other operating systems that you mentioned (the ones that can be "posted safely from") would not exist.

With drivers up to date , service pack 1 released and 2 gb of ram everything was cool on Vista. In many cases games were rolling better on this OS and I felt way more secure while taking advantages of its new features at the time. Sure it was a pain in the ar** when it was released , raw and big but I loved it. However they rushed it when computers were still slow and it pushed people towards upgrading and it was the starter base for Windows 8.1 too.

Not to mention the crappy drivers, the bad reviews made by people with ancient rigs , the 3rd party programs not supporting it fully. I switched from CRT to an LCD at the time with a new rig ( AMD Phenom X3 triple core cpu , geforce 8600 and 4 gigs of ram . It was just .. wow ! Years later the Windows 7 fever came in , crushing my beautiful love with clean code , cleaner interface and less bloat.

Vista is probably the most compatible OS at the moment especially for gaming as it has no issues running most older games and new games support it at the moment. Windows 7 has issues with colour pallettes on older games and Windows 8 DirectPlay is completely broken.

Windows 7 has issues with colour pallettes on older games

That's fixable with a registry tweak under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility\ but it has to be done on a per-game basis.  Not ideal obviously, but it works and only need to do it once per game, seems to just affect the really old 256 color games.  I have yet to find a game that doesn't run nicely under Win 7... I had to do that with my old nVidia card, but after I recently upgrade to a new AMD (along with a bunch of other hardware, fresh install) it hasn't been an issue.  Drivers or a later Windows compatibility update maybe? *shrug*

On topic though.. Vista wasn't so bad after they got the service packs and the third parties got their drivers straightened out... actually a pretty solid OS all around, but nowadays between Vista and 7 I have no compelling reason to prefer Vista anymore.. 7 just does it better and faster, nicer interface, etc.

vista was the last microsoft OS NOT designed by obviously color-blind people. and now it gets even funnier, with windows 8 someone has to think that the current designers are not only color blind but also can't view in 3rd dimension. :/

It's probably in jokes because of the images in the first post. I don't think the OP expected anyone to actually say that they like and use Vista.

vista was the last microsoft OS NOT designed by obviously color-blind people. and now it gets even funnier, with windows 8 someone has to think that the current designers are not only color blind but also can't view in 3rd dimension. :/

Flat is in. Can't blame them, it's aesthetically pleasing on the eyes when you stare at the screen for long periods of time, and doesn't distract from your work. You can't have 3D on a 2D plane, and not have it look right or at all attractive. 

No question that Win Vista is nicer looking that Win8. But as far, as the functionality goes, I would still prefer NT 5 based systems over it. After all, I want to say where my files go, that is not a job for OS.