Selling Mac: Sounds Like A Sweet Deal?

I'm selling my Mac Desktop for $1.5k and I wanna know if this sound like a good deal.

Mac Mini (Late 2012)
- Intel i5 2.5Ghz
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- 128GB SSD + 500 HDD
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

- OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" - Originally came with Mountain Lion - It has Internet recovery if you want to swap HDD's or SSD's.

LG E2742 - 27" Monitor - Still has Best Buy Warranty
Logitech M510 - Wireless Mouse
Logitech K750 - Solar Keyboard
Logitech C920 - 1080p Webcam w/ Dual Mics

I keep this little buddy flawless, but I need to get her off my hands.

1401136_322658457873177_944891246_o.jpg

If you were to buy this all BRAND NEW it would be about 1500$  (CAD) + tax.   So all you are saving is the tax (which granted is 200$ CAD).   Personally I think that is a bit high especially considering the Mini is a year old, and all your peripherals are used.   But that's just my opinion.

You should look at eBay to see what similar Macs are selling for.

• Like 1

I would price it at about $900-1000.

That's around what I was thinking.  Maximum of 1200$ (Depending on how new the parts are).   

I'm gonna take a guess but It sounds like you wanted a gaming PC all a long :p

No, I need a Macbook so I can get around. I don't like sitting on a chair all day.

Everything here is new actually..except the Mac itself. I've upgraded the RAM and added the SSD 6 months ago.

Doesn't matter, its out of the box and you set it up. its used. PC parts automatically drop 40-50% when out of the box.

• Like 4

Everything here is new actually..except the Mac itself. I've upgraded the RAM and added the SSD 6 months ago.

I never buy anything used / second hand when the price is so close to retail. Personally I only steel things used 1/2 retail, believe me I have :D

Galaxy S3 (Like brand new) / used eBay $288 free shipping... at the time out of contact new it retailed for $630.

• Like 1

Thing is though.  You can get 128GB SSDs for 85$ on TigerDirect brand new in box never used.  Ram can be done right through the apple store.  With computers unless you are building to sell, you never get close to what you put into it (just like vehicles).    I think you are about 500$ over-priced.

• Like 2

The monitor itself is $350, the keyboard is $70, the mouse is $30, and the RAM + SSD was $150. Are you sure I'm not including tax or shipping?

The monitor itself is $350, the keyboard is $70, the mouse is $30, and the RAM + SSD was $150. Are you sure I'm not including tax or shipping?

Mark those down about 50% for being used.

Mini will have no warranty and is what, a year old?

Mac is 600 + tax new and that would come with Haswell and a warranty.

I'd say at 1k, you might even be selling a bit high, but you can probably get that.  1500 is too high.

• Like 2

Mark those down about 50% for being used.

Mini will have no warranty and is what, a year old?

Mac is 600 + tax new and that would come with Haswell and a warranty.

I'd say at 1k, you might even be selling a bit high, but you can probably get that.  1500 is too high.

For everything, $1k is too high? For something bundled up like this, I'd call that ridiculous.

For everything, $1k is too high? For something bundled up like this, I'd call that ridiculous.

I said might be, and honestly?  I think your expectations are ridiculous.

This isn't a high end Mac you are selling, and is not going to hold its value like one either.

• Like 1

I said might be, and honestly?  I think your expectations are ridiculous.

This isn't a high end Mac you are selling, and is not going to hold its value like one either.

But this isn't the Mac Mini alone I'm selling, is it?

But this isn't the Mac Mini alone I'm selling, is it?

Your accessories lose value quicker than the Mac.

You need to be realistic.  You might find a sucker that doesn't understand value, but for those that do, your current price isn't going to fly.

Your accessories lose value quicker than the Mac.

You need to be realistic.  You might find a sucker that doesn't understand value, but for those that do, your current price isn't going to fly.

I'm not gonna let everything I've built up fly. If I can get hooked up with a decent trade, then fine. But can do so much without a worry, and I'm not letting treat it like it isn't much.