Selling Mac: Sounds Like A Sweet Deal?

Completely over priced for what you are asking.  Just completely spit balling here but I priced this out in less then 5 minutes:

2013 Mac Mini  $1037.00
Specifications
2.6GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Magic Trackpad
User's Guide (English)
Accessory Kit

Amazon - $139

Amazon - $109

Amazon - $243

Total - $1528.00

I wouldn't give you a dime over $800.

• Like 3

I'm not gonna let everything I've built up fly. If I can get hooked up with a decent trade, then fine. But can do so much without a worry, and I'm not letting treat it like it isn't much.

You are probably better off with trading it + cash if you can find a deal.

Completely over priced for what you are asking.  Just completely spit balling here but I priced this out in less then 5 minutes:

2013 Mac Mini  $1037.00
Specifications
2.6GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Magic Trackpad
User's Guide (English)
Accessory Kit

Amazon - $139

Amazon - $109

Amazon - $243

Total - $1528.00

I wouldn't give you a dime over $800.

There is no 2013 Mac Mini.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Mac-Mini-MC816LL-A-2-5-i5-16GB-RAM-Samsung-830-128GB-SSD-TOS-500GB-HDD-/291001961888?pt=Apple_Desktops&hash=item43c1118da0

This guy is asking $800 for just the Mini, which is pretty close to what you have.  No takers on his price, so I'd assume it would realistically sell for $700 at most.  Since yous is a year newer, maybe you could get $750 for yours.

A keyboard and mouse is a hard sell since wear and tear happens pretty quickly with a lot of use.  Going by what I'm seeing on Ebay, I'd value those together at around $50.

Webcams are also hit or miss whether people care of not.  Maybe $40 value on it.

The hard part is valuing the monitor.  Yeah it's probably worth around $350, but you can find 27" IPS monitors for much less than that.

For example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824146077

So I don't know, value it at $250 at most.

Add that all up and it's in the $1000-1200 range.  Also keep in mind that when you bundle things together, you generally get a lower price since you'll have less an audience interesting in every one of those parts.  The maximize profit, you may want to sell things separately.  As a package, I'd also agree that $1000 is probably the absolute best you'll get.

• Like 2

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/mac-mini?product=MD388LL/A&step=config

Look before you post.

You are selling the low end mac mini with the dual core i5.  The higher end quad core i7 has a better resale value. 

I SAID 2013

and do you see the price of the 16GB RAM? Nevertheless the additional SSD?

I SAID 2013

Apple didnt install that RAM nor the SSD.

You cannot valuate according to Apple's prices.

Apple didnt install that RAM nor the SSD.

You cannot valuate according to Apple's prices.

Yea, totally. I saved a bunch of money by switching the Crucial.

Yea, totally. I saved a bunch of money by switching the Crucial.

Now you must pass those savings to the new owner + depreciation for being used.

Well, you "should".

I SAID 2013

Don't ever buy upgraded ram or ssd direct from apple.  Why do you think I put in the links for amazon.  HD and ram are two easy user serviceable parts on the mini.

Take the advice or don't...makes no difference to me.  But $1.5K is way too much.

Think of it as buying a car....the moment you drive off of the dealers lot the car loses 30% of its value.  After that it loses 5% of its value for each year you own it.

• Like 1

Don't ever buy upgraded ram or ssd direct from apple.  Why do you think I put in the links for amazon.  HD and ram are two easy user serviceable parts on the mini.

Take the advice or don't...makes no difference to me.  But $1.5K is way too much.

Think of it as buying a car....the moment you drive off of the dealers lot the car loses 30% of its value.  After that it loses 5% of its value for each year you own it.

I don't buy Apple additions, I got the upgrades from Crucial.

I would put an ad up to trade it for something, maybe you could land a sweet trade for a motorcycle or something

Last time I asked for help, I got cut off.

You asked us for an opinion on how much we feel your stuff is worth. Then, you argue about it . Honestly, if someone is going to spend $1500, they are not going to buy a Mac Mini, they are going to by the iMac or Macbook pro.

Last time I asked for help, I got cut off.

We are all agreeing on price though, and giving you a fair value 1000$ for a used (year old) computer.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd4oBLqwSm4cAh6BqDEDl

im sure Rick would offer you about 600$ for the whole thing.

• Like 3

I would put an ad up to trade it for something, maybe you could land a sweet trade for a motorcycle or something

I never wanna ride a bike tbh lol

You asked us for an opinion on how much we feel your stuff is worth. Then, you argue about it . Honestly, if someone is going to spend $1500, they are not going to buy a Mac Mini, they are going to by the iMac or Macbook pro.

Okay, okay.

We are all agreeing on price though, and giving you a fair value 1000$ for a used (year old) computer.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd4oBLqwSm4cAh6BqDEDl

im sure Rick would offer you about 600$ for the whole thing.

Don't pawn me lol

There was someone on our local facebook swap recently selling their 6 month old Nexus 7 (2012 model) for $200.... they actually got a bite.

Moral of the story is there are morons born every day over paying for stuff, so you may get lucky. But if not drop the price!

You can ask whatever you want because its a free market, but you may or may not get what you're asking for. I could ask $1000 for my IBM PC 300GL computer complete with a vintage CRT and say its a rare vintage computer and there's nothing else like it, but I probably wont get any people interested.

I strongly recommend looking at ebay to see what comparable configurations have sold for.

There was someone on our local facebook swap recently selling their 6 month old Nexus 7 (2012 model) for $200.... they actually got a bite.

Moral of the story is there are morons born every day over paying for stuff, so you may get lucky. But if not drop the price!

Haha, wow.  I bought a 2013 N7 a few weeks ago for $170.  :laugh:

Wasn't Gamestop selling the 32GB 2012 N7 for $99 not too long ago?  Somebody get ripped off!

Sorry dude, but if equivalent or comparable models of similar age and spec aren't selling for that, then yours probably isn't going to neither.

I see listings on ebay all the time for items that are way overpriced for used, I've never seen them getting any interest in bids.

Another way to look at this would be, if someone else came to you with the same deal, but wanted close to, or exactly retail value of something you knew you can get identical in almost every way, cheaper somewhere else, would you take him up on his offer?