McDonald's McRib is gone !

To the dismay of its many fans, the McRib is disappearing from the McDonald's menu. After Nov. 14, McDonald's will no longer offer the pork sandwich nationwide (although some restaurants carry it periodically). Can?t wait for the McRib to come back? Take heart. McDonald?s? elusuive sandwich is pretty easy to replicate at home.

The distinguishing feature of the McRib has to be its pork patty, which, miraculously (or creepily, depending on who you talk to) is boneless, yet shaped like a traditional rack of ribs. These culinary conundrums are manufactured by food wholesaler JTM Food Group,  and called the 6?? Boneless Pork Grillin? Ribs.

http://jtmfoodgroup.com/index.php?Itemid=128&option=com_content&view=article&id=57&daypart=All&flavor=All&protein=Pork&button=Submit

According to the JTMwebsite, their products are available at most grocery retailers within a 300-mile radius of Cincinnati.  If you don?t live within 300 miles of Cincinnati, Morningstar?s vegetarian  ?Hickory BBQ riblets? are an acceptable substitute.

more

www.mcriblocator.com/

th?id=H.4971567556397777&pid=15.1&H=96&Wth?id=H.5036558995819786&pid=15.1&H=116&

I don't know what it is about the McRib - nostalgia maybe - but I love them.  I grew up in Cincinnati and the McRib was only available periodically - and without rhyme or reason.  We could go three months or two years before they were back on the menu.  When they were - the McRib was available at every McDonald's in the tri-state region.

The other thing was you never knew how long they would stay on the menu - again, no rhyme or reason.  It could be a couple weeks or a few months.  No matter, when they were selling McRibs - you got there, fast!  You order at least a couple each time - and get back as quickly and often as possible.

Still to this day, I perk up whenever I hear McDonald's is selling McRibs again.  Not that they are really all that tasty - rather it's the sense of urgency from knowing it's a rare, limited "special" occasion - coupled with great childhood memories.

I am afraid to found out what Mcdonalds uses in the McRib

Don't they just wait for pork prices to hit rock-bottom and then make them?

No. They aren't actually made from pork.  :o

as if any1 of the typical mcdonalds customers would ever care to do selfmade burgers :rofl:

I didn't think this was ever a "national menu" item, our local franchise owners always said it was a regional item that regions rotated when they felt like it...

yeah I dont know what they are talking about. seeing even advertisements say """ITS BACK FOR A LIMITED TIME"". I never seen a store have it all year round.

and the corp store down the street from me just starting selling it as it does every year at this time.

alright my neighbor who owns many mcdonalds franchises says this article is BS... here's what happened

the mcrib was always a regional rotation thing, last year McDonalds TRIED to nationalize it as a set time period all mcdoanalds would sell it in November to pump end of year sales.. well it didn't help so now it's right back to where it was 2years ago as a they roll it out per region when they want item not controlled at a national level...

thus it's not gone, it's just going to show up when your region wants to sell it