Xbox One Damaged right out of the Box, Many pictures.

I thought your xbox will literally be in pieces. While I wouldnt like this if I bought it, its not as bad as you seem. But like others say. Take it to the store and let them exchange it.

I was expecting panels broken and big scruff marks and dents and everything. That doesnt look all that bad, but thats just me...
Hope you get it sorted dude. 

• Like 2

I thought your xbox will literally be in pieces. While I wouldnt like this if I bought it, its not as bad as you seem. But like others say. Take it to the store and let them exchange it.

I understand what you are saying but what happens if it dies in a month and he takes it back and they say "blow me this has scratches all over it, you must have treated it like a crack ###### - we aren't going to honour the warranty"

I'm seeing this more and more often with new laptops coming in straight from the MFG. I opened up a Dell Latitude E6430 box the other day, $1900 laptop, with random scuffs all over the top and on the bottom. It looked like it had been refurbished, but the rest of the parts were brand new

If you call Microsoft they won't send you a new one, they'll send you a refurb I'm sure. Just exchange it at BBY, the MGR should be able to hold one on an incoming truck and not have to worry about the amount of days.

I personally would have been upset about that, 1k for a scratched console.

Not sure how it works in the US, but under the sales of good act, you're not 100% satisfied you've brought a unit that has damage. You're entitled to a full refund if you take it back. Due to the item being faulty from the start, your insurance should be void and you should be entitled to a full refund if you bring back everything you brought with proof of receipt.

Just some scratches on the case no big deal it will function as normal :D .

Aside from my joke. You should resport that to the local news or something. Better yet start recording when you buy expensive box units so you have proof you did not scratch it. Sorry to hear about it sucks to wait 10 hours and then have that happen to you :(.

Ahh, so PS4s aren't the only console suffering faults!

To the OP, was the box completely sealed when you bought it. It looks like it was a display model that was re-boxed.

The same thing has happened to my xbox.  The box works fine but there are 'teeth' marks dug out of the box along the edges and scratches on it that don't rub off with a towel and water.

9JkTGiXl.jpg

i6uMw2X.jpg

od94GUwl.jpg

The same thing has happened to my xbox.  The box works fine but there are 'teeth' marks dug out of the box along the edges and scratches on it that don't rub off with a towel and water.

9JkTGiXl.jpg

i6uMw2X.jpg

od94GUwl.jpg

Looks like someone was gnawing at it. lol. 

Hopefully this is isolated. Knock on wood mine doesn't have any mark, but I'll check in the morning. I'm so far loving my xbone, I have neowin snapped to the right while I have netflix playing on the left all while bf4 is installing :d

This looks less like a manufacturer problem and more like mishandling by store employees

It was new in box, wrapped up in this thick foam.  It was well packaged so I doubt it was damaged like this in transit or at the store.

I'd be heading straight back to Best Buy and getting it exchanged on the spot. Also, unpack the new one while you are there, in front of an employee.

It sucks, but just because the plastic or stickers are in place, doesn't mean that the retailer didn't have it unpackaged.  You would be shocked how many 'new' items are opened and played with and tested at the warehouses and even the retail locations of stores like BestBuy. 

Take it back to BestBuy and demand they flat out replace the unit. Have them pull out the replacement one and let you look at it before leaving the store.

You can complain to Microsoft, but trying to get it replaced through them will take more time.

Scratches and failed units are not really synonymous.

(There were 'some' scratched PS4s as well, but the Lights of Death took a more prominent role in the news cycle. I guess owners with only scratches on their PS4 felt lucky.)

BTW...

Sony has started saying that the PS4 issues were damage from shipping. (Statement released today)

I happen to agree with your reporting that the Foxconn scandal did play a role in the PS4 problems, even if Sony wants to blame several shipping companies.

Most likely a fault on the production line causing the boxes to get stuck or something similar.

Either way the store or MS should replace it for you without issues, not sure why you're here posting instead off just going back to the store or callingt them.

After contacting online support, the representative said to just contact your retailer and work out an exchange with them.  Who knows when they will get new units, but that's the path forward.

So mine has a nice scratch, about 1.5cm long, right in the middle of the shiny top bit :/

They put a protective cling film on the power brick, but not the console itself.

Well played, you ######.

• Like 2