Xbox One Damaged right out of the Box, Many pictures.

Did you mean... Post it on Reddit, and then tweet the link to Major Nelson?

Surely he'd just point you in the right direction, if you get a response at all.

Yea i meant that. Major Nelson will help in someway. Has in the past!

What? Most stores in the US have a 30 day refund guarantee (some places even more). If you return it they should give you a new one with the warranty still intact, unless they refund the warranty too and then you would obviously have to buy it again.

It wasn't 15 days, it was a few months.

Ah. But still, that's a pretty ****ty ass warranty.

Basically the Geek Squad warranty uses the 1 year warranty from the manufacture, and if they come out 3 times for the same item, then they'll let you swap out the item for the same or credit the cash towards another item. I got the credit for a 55" LG for a 70" Sharp and loving it.

Replacement has arrived, not a scratch on it :)

Haven't hooked it up yet though.

74fz.jpg

10w0.jpg

This thing is pretty good, much thicker/tougher plastic than that other air pocket stuff, that is used for packaging these days.

xhjj.jpg

juqc.jpg

So far, so good...

lvs4.jpg

Dat ass

jkrs.jpg

Dat face

hez3.jpg

Shiny... but still a dust magnet.

ie4l.jpg

vwk3.jpg

Fingers crossed, there is nothing wrong with it.

I forgot to post this...

u6hq.jpg

Notice anything?....

Nope, not the stoned chav... the Messenger kit :woot:

Hope they release that soon.

I forgot to post this...

u6hq.jpg

Notice anything?....

That's interesting, is that an accidental leak or a misprint? :laugh:

Also, now you have two power bricks, nice to have a backup.

I noticed on one of your pics above, the front of your X1 has a sticker that just says HDMI. Is that really all it says?

I ask because that's different from the front of mine, which has a sticker warning about the disc drive. I wonder why its different on yours.

I forgot to post this...

u6hq.jpg

Notice anything?....

Nice spot. I love the 360 chatpad. Hope they keep it backlit (Y) :drool:

All is well, no grinding disc noises or any other issues :)

Had to update straight away (507MB), thankfully it turned out to be the latest update (6.2.10217.0 (xb_rel_launch.131205-2200))

Cold boot takes an age

SmartGlass works during install, which was great for entering my account info

All my pinned apps are still on the dashboard, as are the rest of my games/apps inside "My games & apps", but they all need reinstalling, which is to be expected.

My personal messages are still there

After reinstalling UploadStudio, I was surprised to see that all my clips were still there (23 of them), even the ones I hadn't chosen to save/upload. Not sure if I should be happy about that, but I am :D

My favourite channels are no longer listed in the OneGuide. I have no use for that right now (only had TED and SkyDrive on there), but thought I'd mention it.

Launching IE, I had to try and sync data 3 times (only takes a few seconds each time), but when it finally worked, all my opened tabs were still there. Again, slightly disconcerting, but awesome.

In the console settings, I've made this be my "Home Xbox", meaning that others can play my downloaded games, without having to sign in as me. And if you have gold, anybody can use skype, etc. (thought this might be important wend sending a box back, but I suppose it isn't really)

So, I'm happy to hook up the old box, and hit the reset to factory defaults button, and get Forza out of the drive while I'm at it :whistle:

All in all, I really can't fault the replacement experience.

4f75ab7edd4a0.png

That's interesting, is that an accidental leak or a misprint? :laugh:

Also, now you have two power bricks, nice to have a backup.

I noticed on one of your pics above, the front of your X1 has a sticker that just says HDMI. Is that really all it says?

I ask because that's different from the front of mine, which has a sticker warning about the disc drive. I wonder why its different on yours.

I wish, but they only sent the console itself. I am looking for a second power supply, seen some cheap ones on ebay, but they are 3rd party and I'd rather not burn my family alive, so I will be avoiding those lol.

The label has warnings, pretty sure it's something about not moving the console while there is a disc inside, and not sticking pins in your eyes. Just the usual idiot proofing, that doesn't work.

Can't remember if my old sticker said HDMI on it, I took it off straight away. Does seem a strange logo to stick on the front.

After reinstalling UploadStudio, I was surprised to see that all my clips were still there (23 of them), even the ones I hadn't chosen to save/upload. Not sure if I should be happy about that, but I am :D

I think clips are stored in the cloud, sometimes mine take an while to load. 

That messenger pack thing is known. I wonder if it is just a copy-paste accident?

It is? Got any info?

I don't think it's an accident, I think it's 1 size fits all, ready to roll.

I think clips are stored in the cloud, sometimes mine take an while to load. 

Would seem so. Wonder how much space we get.

It is? Got any info?

I don't think it's an accident, I think it's 1 size fits all, ready to roll.

There was a thread on /r/xboxone, I don't have any desire to dig it out.

Hopefully plenty, my Xbox starts going record crazy when I play BF4 and finds everything I do interesting. Every few minutes "Game Clip Recorded".