Photo

Xbox One Damaged right out of the Box, Many pictures.

wtf...

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#16 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:23

I just spent almost a grand on the console, accessories, and stuff, shouldn't the damn thing be flawless?

Agreed, as anyone who would buy a brand new car at a premium price would not accept a dent or scratch

This might not be the same thing, but the principal is the same, as you didn't get the cheapest one on the shelf.

#17 OP sweetpoison07

sweetpoison07

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:25

That sucks, I hope you can get it sorted!

Thanks ! I'm sure it will be in the end. You know it's like the new toy feeling. When you open it up and it's molested before you even get the chance to touch it.

#18 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:27

I just spent almost a grand on the console, accessories, and stuff, shouldn't the damn thing be flawless?

A couple scratches or a brick through the middle, they are all the same, it's supposed to be brand new.

You don't buy a new car with a few scratches on the rear bumper ....

I was, again, speaking for myself.  And if it was a car then yes, but I don't think of a new Xbox in the same way I think of a new Car. 

#19 OP sweetpoison07

sweetpoison07

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:29

I was, again, speaking for myself.  And if it was a car then yes, but I don't think of a new Xbox in the same way I think of a new Car. 

1000 is a lot of money for a lot of people in this country, so I expect damn good quality. Hell, even if I spent 5 bucks I would want something half decent.

I don't know where xbox ones are manufactured but I did hear about the problems in the sony (foxconn) plants, possibly the same issues here?

#20 NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:30

At least it's not overheating and sounding like a jet and the HDMI aren't broken  :p Just curious, some of the marks look like they would come off just by liking your finger and rubbing it.

#21 OP sweetpoison07

sweetpoison07

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:32

At least it's not overheating and sounding like a jet and the HDMI aren't broken  :p Just curious, some of the marks look like they would come off just by liking your finger and rubbing it.

I actually tried that real quick at first but they didn't budge it looks like they hit it with that wonder sponge thing that gets almost anything off. What's there is staying there they already removed what they could.

#22 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:33

1000 is a lot of money for a lot of people in this country, so I expect damn good quality. Hell, even if I spent 5 bucks I would want something half decent.

I don't know where xbox ones are manufactured but I did hear about the problems in the sony (foxconn) plants, possibly the same issues here?

Those probably happened when it was being placed in it's package.   The Foxcom story, if true, was more about faulty parts inside causing problems.   I don't know if you've used it at all or not yet but if it works and all the parts are fine inside then it's not the same story as that.   If that is even true, still don't know.

#23 OP sweetpoison07

sweetpoison07

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:35

The console seems to be in working order but who honestly knows if it was dropped and if there are any pieces that are cracked or whatever inside that might not fault for a year or so to come after it's been thoroughly ran in, I'm just very disappointed that I bought something new and flashy and it's banged up goods.

We're dealing with MICROSOFT here.

Not something like little Caesars.

#24 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:36

Microsoft also doesn't make it clear, where/who did the xb1 manufacturing/assembling ...

#25 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:42

but who honestly knows if it was dropped ...

I would be worried if that was the case, as its contain HDD which might develop bad sector because the shock when it was dropped.

So yeah, asking for replacement is a prudent move.

#26 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:44

I thought your xbox will literally be in pieces. While I wouldnt like this if I bought it, its not as bad as you seem. But like others say. Take it to the store and let them exchange it.

#27 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:53

I was expecting panels broken and big scruff marks and dents and everything. That doesnt look all that bad, but thats just me...
Hope you get it sorted dude. 

#28 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:55

@MiddleEasy tweeted Hearing reports of the Xbox One bricking. People are stuck on the loading screen. Egh, not good.

#29 Depicus

Depicus

depicus.com

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:56

I thought your xbox will literally be in pieces. While I wouldnt like this if I bought it, its not as bad as you seem. But like others say. Take it to the store and let them exchange it.

I understand what you are saying but what happens if it dies in a month and he takes it back and they say "blow me this has scratches all over it, you must have treated it like a crack ###### - we aren't going to honour the warranty"

#30 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:11

I'm seeing this more and more often with new laptops coming in straight from the MFG. I opened up a Dell Latitude E6430 box the other day, $1900 laptop, with random scuffs all over the top and on the bottom. It looked like it had been refurbished, but the rest of the parts were brand new

If you call Microsoft they won't send you a new one, they'll send you a refurb I'm sure. Just exchange it at BBY, the MGR should be able to hold one on an incoming truck and not have to worry about the amount of days.

I personally would have been upset about that, 1k for a scratched console.