Photo

Raspberry Pi question

Answered Go to the full post hardware infrastructure new build

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 OP +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:26

Ok, not to revive a dead thread, well yes, but it's my thread so I'll do what I like with it :p

I was looking for an alternative to the rpi and found this

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2586832338

OS isn't a problem for me, as it's prime function will be media server only, (hell if I can set it up so it never goes online and only wifi to my pc all the better) I was wondering if anyone here has or has used one of these, does it send sound via hdmi etc...

I'm still leaning to the rpi but at what this could go for, it's too good to resist.

also can one buy remote control hardware for it, so I don't have to shell out and replace my antique wireless keyboard and mouse that have ps/2 connection?

#17 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:35

Do you mean media server or media player?

#18 OP +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:42

Do you mean media server or media player?

It'll do both, I can simply connect my external to it, which will be it's prime function, but when I'm feeling lazy, it would stream from my main pc in the bedroom, (or go on youtube depending on how bored I get,) I found a Bluetooth remote that doubles as a keyboard and touchpad, the only thing stopping me right now is if it doesn't transmit sound via hdmi, I'll need extra wires, in which case the rpi will still be the simpler option.

edit

turns out it does send sound through hdmi, so I guess I just need to know if anyone has one or has used one, just so I can weigh up the pros and cons of this vs rpi

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!