Microsoft Matches PS4 Sales With 1 Mn Xbox Ones In 24 Hours, But Takes 11 More Countries To Do it

this is where no of countries is relevant. xbox sells more in US while Playstation sells more in Japan(obviously PS4 has not been released in japan yet)

not to mention PS sells way more than xbox in UK

Actually the 360 overtook the Wii in the UK, where the Wii use to lead in sales. PS3 sells more in the rest of Europe but 360 sells better in the UK.

7 PlayStation 3 (PS3) 27.45 32.26 9.60 11.24 80.55

9 Xbox 360 (X360) 44.86 24.87 1.65 7.77 79.15

Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

From your article -

Microsoft revealed that Xbox 360 has ?reached 80 million consoles sold to retailers worldwide? according to its internal data. ?Sold to retailers? doesn't necessarily mean all of these consoles have yet to trickle out to customers.

wrong again. geez, all your guys info is incorrect. xbox 360 is currently ahead globally

oct 17 xbox 360 80 mill http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/17/xbox-360-80-million-sold-and-counting

nov 6  ps3 80 mill          http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57611062-235/sony-hot-on-xbox-360s-heels-with-80m-ps3-shipments/

Those are both sold-to-retail, not sell through.

The Playstation 4 would have outsold the Xbox One on launch day had Sony did a worldwide launch.  Wouldnt surprise me to see the PS4 pick up another million units come next week.  With that said I'm more impressed the Xbox One launch went so smoothly.  Sony should learn from MS on console launches.

Assuming Sony could stock a worldwide launch.  Which is the point.

If MS only launched in the US and Canada, and still had a million consoles, they would have sold them all.  Where they sold them is irrelevant.

That would imply that Microsoft had 1 million units for 13 territories, since you are claiming it is sold out everywhere and that being the reason the Xbox's only sold 1 million in 24 hours in 13 territories.  I highly doubt that. And my point still remains that the PS4 sold in only 2 territories sold as much as the Xbox One did in 13 territories.

and will cm

Yeah, the Kincet argument is BS, considering that some territories will first get Kinect localization in 2014.

How is his kinect argument BS?  Its the countries that don't get localized till 2014 that MS did not release in which is what hes saying...  Also I agree that its less about countries at launch and more about how many units you CREATED AND SHIPPED that sold.  If sony made a little over a million and sold almost all of them then that's all they had.  Microsoft obviously only was able to mae a little over a mil as well and sold everything they had.   Im sure they shipped majority to the US.  But I bet where ps4 is going to be stocking 30 countries next week Microsoft will be restocking the 13 very soon.  This will stay even through the holidays and come down to who manufactured the most consoles by Christmas.

MS could have release in NA only and sold 1 mil as that's all they had. Sony could have released in 30 and only sold a mil.  Get over it neither side "won" the launch. Its OK your not going to die because sony didn't sell double XO

Wow, um I think some people have decided to descend on the X1 threads due to their being good news.

How about we all drop the bs attacks and attempts at spin to make your 'side' look favorable and just enjoy the console you prefer.

The X1 sold over 1 million units in 24hrs. The ps4 sold over 1 million units in 24hrs. The ps4 was available in two countries, the X1 in 13. They sold the same total units, get over it. Why this has to start the same old arguments about why one console is terrible and the other is awesome is beyond me. Guess what....there is very high demand for BOTH consoles. Those kinds of sales figures are above the numbers that either company has seen before for day one of a new console launch.

Trying to figure out how this is good or bad for one side or the other is just silly. If you want to plant your flag on the console with the highest sales, come back in a couple years and check then.

How is his kinect argument BS?  Its the countries that don't get localized till 2014 that MS did not release in which is what hes saying...  Also I agree that its less about countries at launch and more about how many units you CREATED AND SHIPPED that sold.  If sony made a little over a million and sold almost all of them then that's all they had.  Microsoft obviously only was able to mae a little over a mil as well and sold everything they had.   Im sure they shipped majority to the US.  But I bet where ps4 is going to be stocking 30 countries next week Microsoft will be restocking the 13 very soon.  This will stay even through the holidays and come down to who manufactured the most consoles by Christmas.

MS could have release in NA only and sold 1 mil as that's all they had. Sony could have released in 30 and only sold a mil.  Get over it neither side "won" the launch. Its OK your not going to die because sony didn't sell double XO

I said it was ###### because Australia for example, which has had the Xbox One released will get Kinect localization some time in 2014. The same with many other European countries in which the Xbox One is released. So the argument that the 13 terrotories that has had the Xbox One released are the ones that Microsoft has had Kinect up and running is ######.

I'm not sure I agree. The PS4 has already sold most consoles in their weakest two markets and will soon be lunching in their strongest market. I think after the European release, it will be a run-away by Sony. At least until Microsoft drops the price.

Yes, I'm sure you guys will revel in the moment that you can stand triumphant and drill sales numbers into people's heads.

My hope is that the sales numbers turn out to be close and then suddenly people are left scratching their heads, wondering what went wrong.

Both consoles are doing well. You want to read more into that? Good luck with that.

So it takes microsoft 13 countries to be able to match the sales sony did in North America alone eh? That seems to be pretty telling of where microsoft's new console is going to sit this generation.

So it takes microsoft 13 countries to be able to match the sales sony did in North America alone eh? That seems to be pretty telling of where microsoft's new console is going to sit this generation.

Yeah its totally crap and is burning as we speak.

Geez guys....

The Xbox may not have the price or hardware, but I've got to say I love how the Kinect is shaping up along with the software. I think this is truly the generation of "why not both?"

Maybe next year, we can have Sony build the box, Microsoft build the software, and Nintendo make the games! Because let's face it, I'm not about to buy a Wii U for remakes lol...

Yeah its totally crap and is burning as we speak.

Geez guys....

Where did i say it's crap? I just said it's pretty clear the one will likely be far below the ps4's sales this gen.

The Xbox may not have the price or hardware, but I've got to say I love how the Kinect is shaping up along with the software. I think this is truly the generation of "why not both?"

Maybe next year, we can have Sony build the box, Microsoft build the software, and Nintendo make the games! Because let's face it, I'm not about to buy a Wii U for remakes lol...

Because all that's coming out is remakes..

Oh wait. That's not how it is.

Where did i say it's crap? I just said it's pretty clear the one will likely be far below the ps4's sales this gen.

Because all that's coming out is remakes..

Oh wait. That's not how it is.

You're right, that's just sadly the only thing that's caught my eye so far is wanting to replay Windwaker. :p

Wii U needs games in general...

Not to derail the thread here though, my apologies~

Why is it so clear right at this moment though?

You know, I get it that some of you simply have no interest in the X1 and there are valid reasons to not get it. What I don't get is the attempts to make remarks that rub it in people's faces or attempt to spin news that is good (the ps4 and x1 sell over 1 million in 24hrs) into bad (the x1 was launched in 13 countries, the ps4 only in 2)

Dear Microsoft,

The haters have come to knock you down a few pegs. The refuse to let you be in the same breath as their console of choice.

They like to put spin on things, to ease their self conscience about their beloved Black Box.

Lol.... Y'all are a joke.

I love my PS3, but let's go there for the fun of it. Sony needed the WHOLE WORLD to surpass the 360 in total sales.

Only people in Asia who own 360's are probably Microsoft execs and they probably never even opened the is to hook them up.

Don't come with the 1yr head start crap either. A 1/3 of the World (yep Asia is that big), outweighs the 1yr head start ver very easily.

Point is, Sony launched more units in America than Microsoft did. What Microsoft launched in 13 countries, is equal to what Sony launched in 2countries. So it equals out.

• Like 3