#16 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:32

you don't even appear online

10 of my buddies are currently online and each one shows "Xbox One" as what they are currently doing. B*****s :p

#17 +Matthew S.

Matthew S.

What the what

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:26

They must've just fixed that cause me and a few of my buddies would not show up as online on the 360 or xbox.com :p (and before you ask, no i was not appearing offline, i have no reason to hide from my gaming buddies lol)

#18 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 23 November 2013 - 13:02

Wow I really dislike lacking an active downloads section... If the patch is downloading (I assume and hope so) then the progress isn't incorporated into the 'installing' tile at the bottom of the screen. When hitting menu on the disc tile no eject pops up on the screen as an option.. though as a I type the 'installing' progress bar just moved to 1%, I will update with total time of installation and decide if that includes downloading of the patch, considering most games reportedly only took 8-12min. to install without patches. I am on a semi slow connection, so if it takes a while we can assume the disc tile includes patch downloads and physical disc installation.

Also, do you know if there is a way to setup (or disable) the console's timer of turning off after inactivity, if there is one? This could go over night lol

yes, the patch will download before the installation from the disc begins, but there is no way to see the progress of the download lol. im sure its something they are going to add in, but theres a lot of small stuff like this missing. im sure they wanted to get the essentials out there working first.

if you really didnt want to download the patch though, you could just disconnect from the internet then begin installation from disc, but if you want to use any of the online features, you're gonna have to download the update.

#19 OP Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:04

I am loving the Xbox one, I hated the original Kinect, refused to buy it after using a few buddies' units. I really like the full integration with the system.

#20 Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Not all who wander are lost

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:31

I am loving the Xbox one, I hated the original Kinect, refused to buy it after using a few buddies' units. I really like the full integration with the system.

Great to hear ;-)