"Xbox On" - Not working, but other commands do

x1 voice commands

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 December 2013 - 18:36

Try calibrating it again and make sure it is in the correct position of max 6FT and no less than 2FT from the floor.

Mine is like 7ft high, lol.

#62 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 28 December 2013 - 21:40

I am thinking about making that DIY kinect mount.. Mine is only about  1 1/2 feet off the ground or so on my tv stand in the game room... If I put it up on the TV that would be about 5 feet up in the air.. Would that be better for it? 

#63 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 28 December 2013 - 22:07

I am thinking about making that DIY kinect mount.. Mine is only about  1 1/2 feet off the ground or so on my tv stand in the game room... If I put it up on the TV that would be about 5 feet up in the air.. Would that be better for it? 

Tape it up there and test it before you make the stand.

#64 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 December 2013 - 22:35

Just do what the manual recommends.

#65 OP xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 28 December 2013 - 22:44

Here is what I got, and it works - http://www.bestbuy.c...inect&cp=1&lp=1

Also an update, "Xbox on" seems to work MUCH better with the replacement system I got.

#66 +Brandon Live

Brandon Live

Seattle geek

Posted 28 December 2013 - 23:33

I sometimes have to do it twice, but usually it works the first try. But I tend to do it from only a few feet away as I'm walking by it.

#67 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:32

Here is what I got, and it works - http://www.bestbuy.c...inect&cp=1&lp=1

Also an update, "Xbox on" seems to work MUCH better with the replacement system I got.

I have this.

I just leave my Xbox on all the time, it's how I watch TV.

#68 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:29

so I made the DIY stand and it worked.. Pretty well actually, but then a friend of mine come over for our Christmas get together tonight and said dude.... I will be right back.. He ran home and got his stand for his old Kinect 1, which worked flawlessly.. It even clicked into place between the new Kinects stand to hold it in place. 

#69 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

Posted 30 December 2013 - 15:19

I've given up with Xbox On in my accent, it just will not ever work. I need to effectively shout it in a faux american accent to get it going at about 30% success rate. It's easier to just walk over to the console. Most other commands work fine

#70 0sit0

0sit0

Live and let live

Posted 30 December 2013 - 15:32

If you use a high-pitched voice (like most of the kids that play CoD) it turns on just fine  :laugh:

#71 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 30 December 2013 - 20:30

It'll be interesting to see how this evolves with the next system update.

#72 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:57

Great to hear its better for you now.

I've given up with Xbox On in my accent, it just will not ever work. I need to effectively shout it in a faux american accent to get it going at about 30% success rate. It's easier to just walk over to the console. Most other commands work fine

I wonder if your region is simply not complete yet as far as supporting the Xbox On command. On MS' support page, it clearly says that while the general voice commands are supported in all 13 regions, the Xbox On command is not.

The info I found says that at launch, the Xbox On command is only officially supported in the following regions:

United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, and Germany

The rest will be updated with proper support as soon as possible after launch. So that seems to clearly point to Australia not having official support for the 'Xbox On' command. So the fact that you get it to work at all says something. That also means that its not a hardware problem for you. Its literally a software issue that will be patched.

#73 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:18

I should have clarified I'm currently in the UK and bought it here

#74 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 31 December 2013 - 16:27

I should have clarified I'm currently in the UK and bought it here

Well that changes everything :laugh:

So then it comes down to your accent I would guess. We do know that there are some hardware issues floating around that make the command difficult to near impossible to use, so you could talk to Xbox support and get their take on it.

If its not a technical issue, than maybe UK support does not offer proper support for your accent, hence why you get it to work a little bit when you try to force another accent.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!