"Xbox On" - Not working, but other commands do

xbox one microsoft kinect voice commands support

95 replies to this topic

#91 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 05 April 2014 - 14:09

Well it sounds like there may be a software fix in the works for those of you plagued by the 'Xbox On' command not working for you.

The latest preview pushed to beta testers includes a fix to this very symptom, so hopefully it will fix it for everyone once its officially released. 

#92 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 April 2014 - 14:46

Well it sounds like there may be a software fix in the works for those of you plagued by the 'Xbox On' command not working for you.

The latest preview pushed to beta testers includes a fix to this very symptom, so hopefully it will fix it for everyone once its officially released.

Excellent. Figured it was something they'd be able to patch.

#93 Houtei

Houtei

Neowinian

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:11

Hopefuly the april update will fix it.  Kinect voice commands work 95% of the time for me now except Xbox ON which always ends up turning into XBOX TURN ON GOD DXXXXX!!!! Then just using the controller.  I have checked that the power brick is showing that its just in standby and not all the way off.   My friend just got a titanfall bundle xbox one and his commands are working even better than mine and xbox on works flawlessly.  IM guessing it just has something to do with the fact I keep it dim in my living room all the time but it still seems to recognize me pretty quick when i walk in the room.  I actually wish they would add an option to just walk in the room and raise my hand and it would turn everything on but just xbox on working would be awesome for me.

#94 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:15

I actually wish they would add an option to just walk in the room and raise my hand and it would turn everything on but just xbox on working would be awesome for me.

the downside to that is that it would require Kinect to have more power while the system was in standby since currently, only the mic portion of Kinect is getting power while in standby.

#95 HardyRexion

HardyRexion

Neowinian

• Phone: Yes. Galaxy S4

Posted 21 August 2014 - 14:51

I still get this problem. Just ignores me when I say "Xbox On" all other commands are good. Anyone had any luck with why?

#96 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2014 - 16:26

I still get this problem. Just ignores me when I say "Xbox On" all other commands are good. Anyone had any luck with why?

I don't know where the problem lies, but I would at least make MS support aware that you are still having this issue. My guess is that its a software issue, something related to what happens to the Kinect mic while the system is in standby.

I'm not sure if it would help, but there is a new 'Voice Studio' app that MS put out that has you speak several phrases while loud audio is being played. They are using it to improve the service, so you could try that out.