Billionaire Paul Allen

Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has a fancy new manse, and it?s everything one would expect from a man whose net worth is in the neighborhood of $16 billion.

Though the professional ventures of this business magnate, investor and philanthropist are firmly tied to the Pacific Northwest ? Allen founded Vulcan, Inc., in Bellevue, Washington, in 1986 and is the owner of the NFL?s Seattle Seahawks and the NBA?s Portland Trail Blazers ? he recently made a multimillion-dollar purchase in the Bay Area.

Allen paid $27 million for a massive 22,000-square-foot custom home in affluent Atherton, California The Silicon Valley Business Journal reported that he closed on the property in November ?through a family trust.? The property originally came to market in late September with a price tag of $31.8 million.

The contemporary home, built in 2013 by Pacific Peninsula Group, encompasses nearly two acres in the exclusive community outside of Menlo Park.

more & pics

post-37120-0-33178800-1385336450.jpg

Its a stunning mansion, but I don't like the contemporary styling that much.

So modernistic and clean, almost too much, rather sterile. However, if it was given to me I would not complain, add a few colorful throw pillows and some plants.  ;)

So modernistic and clean, almost too much, rather sterile. However, if it was given to me I would not complain, add a few colorful throw pillows and some plants.  ;)

Give it a few days and there'll be a pair of underpants hanging from a lampshade or something, and from there it'll just become a ****hole just like everyone elses house :p

So modernistic and clean, almost too much, rather sterile. However, if it was given to me I would not complain, add a few Windows 8 colorful tiles throw pillows and some plants.  ;)

:p