Photo
intel wifi widi tv poll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: How do you primarly view/listen content on your Tv? NOT things under your tv

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How do you primarly view/listen content on your Tv from your computers, phones, cameras, tablets or other devices?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tytytucke

tytytucke

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2013 - 20:22

The Intel WiDi has been around awhile but it is taking its time to become popular.

I have a newer Acer laptop and Samsung Smart Tv that are on the higher end of features and price, but I was surprised to find out neither of them supported WiDi out of the box. I have always connected my desktop computer to view my desktop on my Tv through HDMI but now that I am using my laptop as my primary computer and I am thinking of using Widi to view my laptop(desktop view) to my tv. does anyone here use it? should I?

Voting - let me know
 I was wondering how everyone prefers to connect to their Tv to view/listen to content for there other devices. NOT your cable box, dvd player or other things under your Tv. But from your phones, tablets, desktops, digital cameras, etc... Vote for what you primarily use and let me know below what you use it for and how you like it.

More info on WiDi on windows 8.1

#2 raghavny80

raghavny80

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2013 - 20:38

Pairing between devices is unreliable, Connectivity is not stable, Display Lag problems, DRM restrictions etc - Until these issues are sorted out, Technologies like WiDi (by Intel) and Miracast (available in Nexus Phones) will not really see much adoption.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!