Since Wendy?s (WEN) launched the pretzel bun in July, it has spouted nothing but praise for its bread-y sandwiches?even persuading 98 Degrees star Nick Lachey to sing love songs about them based on customers? tweets.

All the manic buzz helped to make the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger among the chain?s best-selling, limited-time offers in decades. And when that promo ended, it revived the pretzel bun via a chicken sandwich this fall. How is Wendy?s handling the success? Quitting while its ahead, it seems. For now, the pretzel bun?s days at Wendy?s are over?enter the brioche bun.

Wait a flame-broiled minute?why would Wendy?s want to end such a successful promotion? And what the heck is brioche? (Look it up, dude.) ?We said all along that the pretzel bun was an LTO sandwich,? spokesman Denny Lynch says in an e-mail, using the abbreviation for ?limited time only.?

Pretzel bun fans weren?t happy to see the item go.

source

I'm not a big fan of soft serve pretzels, because of which I assume I wouldn't like this, but I can't say I've tried it. I don't hate pretzels, they just don't do anything for me really. But I'd agree, either the bun was costing them more than a normal bun and not worth it, or they're going to try to go McRib on some gullible consumers and just bring it back again when they need a boost and watch everyone flock to the store and buy 5 sandwiches and stuff their faces. :laugh: