• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,674 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:28

I'm not sure if it's still the case now, but when I was going to school in NYC, I wasn't able to rent a car because I was younger than 25.

It's the same here in Canada, it's an insurance thing. Drivers under 25 are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...5 to rent a car

#17 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:08

I think you are right. Most young adults these days are nothing but kids.

I think it's always been that way. In 1900, 23 was literally mid-life for most people, and the human brain isn't even fully mature until the mid-twenties. People used to be expected to assume much more responsibility earlier in life, but many were ill prepared to handle it maturely. The perception of what age means has been extremely slow to catch up with the reality of the last century's rapidly increasing average life span.

#18 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,933 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 12 December 2013 - 14:57

You sound like fun.

He does actually. He's clearly capable of having fun without first having to get rid of his social awkwardness with alcohol.

#19 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,933 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 12 December 2013 - 15:01

It's the same here in Canada, it's an insurance thing. Drivers under 25 are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...5 to rent a car

Pretty sure you don't have to be 25 to rent a car in Canada. At least not in Ontario.

You certainly don't need to be that age to rent a truck. UHaul will rent you one if you're 18.

#20 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,751 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 12 December 2013 - 15:12

That's actually really awesome.. I hate being around young kids.. Drunk or Not.. Most of them just act stupid.. I tend to go to bars that are more expensive to get away from the youngins.. I also don't like being around kids in family restaurants.. Back when smoking was allowed, they would ask, "smoking or non".. I would just be like, No Kids.. lol I like to eat in quiet environments and chill.. Noisy families when trying to eat is just annoying to me for some reason.. I always try to go as late as possible and somewhere nice to avoid getting annoyed.. 

#21 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

• 4,139 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 15:13

I've heard of 21+ bars here in Ontario (drinking age is 19) in an attempt to weed out the younger "annoying" crowd.  They aren't common but they exist.