Router Configuration Question

I have a Netgear WGR-614 router. I've been having problems getting HBO to work on the Roku and have been working with Roku support to resolve the issue. They recommended I do a factory reset, and so now I have to get the Roku player back on my network.

The problem I am having is that the Roku isn't able to connect to my network, even though the network is up. I am entering the correct password, but it just won't connect. In the connection process, there are three steps it is completing: 1) connecting to wireless network, 2) connecting to local network, 3) connecting to Internet.

The first time I entered my network password, I couldn't get past step 1. I tried a second time and succesfully got past steps 1-3, but then the Roku player said it couldn't connect to Roku. Since then, every attempt to get the Roku player on the network has failed with step 1.

In the Roku support forums, a support engineer mentioned I need to make sure LAN side pings are enabled. When I first got the Roku, all I had to do was plug it in and connect it to the network - simple and no problems were encountered. Now it isn't working. I'm not sure where in the configuration page to check this setting.

I intend to replace the WGR-614 with a WNDR-3400 Netgear N600 router shortly.

If your not able to connect to your wifi, then nothing work work - at least not anything from the internet to your roku. So clearly its not just HBO not working.

If HBO is the only thing not working, then clearly its on your network and able to access the internet.