Photo

am I the only one that fine tattoos stupid?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,396 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows 8X

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:07

I Dont see the appeal of having a tattoo that can't be remove with spending a lot of money and pain. They are really experience and make you look out of place. I'm like the only few people at 31 that has never gotten one. Does anyone have this feeling too? Girls are surprise that I Dont have one.

#2 +LimeMaster92

LimeMaster92

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 7,310 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:12

I wouldn't personally ever get any, but I can understand why people get them. It shouldn't be weird not having any, so I'm not sure why they would be surprised.

#3 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

• 5,006 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:15

probably not, but you already knew that answer, so why ask the question? You can ask the same question about anything people like, do or want.

de gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est

#4 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:17

It depends. I don't like huge tattoos but small ones are fine, especially if they hold meaning to the person. My sister has a tattoo to remember our dad by, and that's fine.

I'm going to get a tattoo at some point, but it's going to be small, placed somewhere that it can be hidden if necessary, and it has to hold a meaning for me.

#5 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:20

I made mine (which actually hold some meaning to me) when it wasn't "hip" to do them but now seems everybody "must" have some which I frankly find weird.

#6 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,935 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:21

I'm 32 and don't have any tattoos. They are silly and kiddy-like (in the meaning that kids would write on walls or their body).

Besides, I'm fair-skinned even at 32 and would look very funny.

#7 Albert

Albert

Neowinian Senior

• 1,530 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:23

agreed. megan fox has too much bad hanwriting on her body. period.

and i tell you one thing about americans or europeans who like having chinese character tattooed on their bodies -

- almost all the handwriting are very bad. so very bad. it's laughable.

- some are so literally translated from english or other languages, "lost in translation" has nothing on them. reminds me of an ads i saw in taiwan sometime back where a causasian was so happy to show off his new chinese tattoos, not realising it was in fact the name of a <edit: not a cold oilment. but something worse ...>

#8 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,219 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:27

I dont have any tattoos, but at some point I would like to get one. But they're expensive and I need to decide on a motive I really want, and if I'm going to get a tattoo it's going to be fairly big, like should/upper arm, patchwork tattoos that don't match and fit together don't make any sense, if you're going to out art on your body, make it worth it.

Face, hand and neck tattoos that can't bee a silky covered with a shirt or something don't make any sense though. Or people who are covered in them.

#9 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,219 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:28

agreed. megan fox has too much bad hanwriting on her body. period.

and i tell you one thing about americans or europeans who like having chinese character tattooed on their bodies -

- almost all the handwriting are very bad. so very bad. it's laughable.

- some are so literally translated from english or other languages, "lost in translation" has nothing on them. reminds me of an ads i saw in taiwan sometime back where a causasian was so happy to show off his new chinese tattoos, not realising it was in fact the name of a oriental cold oilment.

The tattoo only needs to mean something and look good to the person that has it though...

#10 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,271 posts
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:33

I'm sure your not the only one, but then that's the beauty of the human race, different opinions and different choices.

#11 Albert

Albert

Neowinian Senior

• 1,530 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:33

The tattoo only needs to mean something and look good to the person that has it though...

sure. but when you are a walking translation or auto-correct errors for all the world to see ...

#12 Uplift

Uplift

Just below average Joe

• 5,916 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:40

The sleeve trend thats going about at the minute is going to be hilarious when it goes out of fashion... pretty much everyone i know is getting them. There is no real identity, no real reason.. just loads of randomness smushed together to cover the arms.

full-sleeve-tattoos.jpg

Does look hot on woman though

BYvMIoNIYAAQGk3.jpg

BWLzR0lIYAEl3j6.jpg

BZ8FPENIEAAAOCO.jpg

#13 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:45

no youre not the only one. I hate tattoo's, such a waste of money and so pointless.

#14 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,645 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:51

I've got a couple that mean something to me.  Nothing big, easily hidden under a t-shirt.  Plenty of people find them odd, but I don't care, I'm not them.

#15 Syanide

Syanide

From here to infirmary.

• 4,061 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:52

Personally, I have no desire for them, but whatever floats anyone's boat.

I do have to say one thing, I don't like people treating their tattoos as art, I mean what does that make you, just a canvas pretty much. Kudos to tattoo artists and people who come up with their own designs (a friend of mine is a great one), but taking pride in lettings someone else do their work on your body is something I never quite understood.

Other than that, face tattoos give me cringebumps, as well as band tattoos. I mean, I understand tattoos themselves represent your state of mind at the particular moment you got them, but imagine all the kids walking around with Lostprophet tattoos or Ian Watkins' face right now, ewwww.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!