PC to Sony Home Theater

I am planning to buy a 5.1ch DVD Home Theatre System [Model: DAV-DZ340K]

From what I understood searching on the internet is I cannot directly connect it to my PC/Macbook Pro, Since generally Home theatre [Generally known as HTIB?] does not have any kind of HDMI "Inputs"

I would like to connect my PC/Mac to the Home theater's 5.1 Audio surround sound. I can connect the display to the projector via say VGA port.

So my setup is something like this...

Macbook/PC's  HDMI -> Home theater {Audio}   

Macbook/PC's  VGA   -> Projector {Video}

Will the above Setup work?

Also if the home theatre has Audio Return Channel (HDMI) feature transferring audio only from my PC to Home theatre work?

Thanks!

Any pics or links available?

Also, if the 5.1 has rca inputs for audio, then the setup is more simple than you might think, simply buy a 3.5mm to rca lead, I experimented with this using my Panasonic 735, mostly it's 2.1 but some movies did fire all the satellites

And I believe video leads are also available I see them all the time on ebay,

of course if the hdmi supports audio, then you might be in luck as all you'll need to do is connect the laptop to the tv, and the other hdmi port, the one connecting the tv to your 5.2 will do the rest

<Thread moved>

I imagine someone around here will have an answer for you. Would there not be an option to tell the computer to send the video through HDMI and the sound through a normal audio cable? I'd never thought about that before...

I am not sure, but will 3.5 mm jack output 5.1 Audio?

http://www.sony.co.in/product/dav-dz340k

Link to the Home Theatre model.

Also I am planning to connect this to DELL M110 Ultra Mobile Projector which has only one 1.3 HDMI port which is not capable of HDMI ARC

The other thing I am wondering is if the Home theater has a WiFi option would I be able to wirelessly stream any video (through VLC/DLNA) to the Home theater system and also get a 5.1 audio??

I am not sure, but will 3.5 mm jack output 5.1 Audio?

http://www.sony.co.in/product/dav-dz340k

Link to the Home Theatre model.

Also I am planning to connect this to DELL M110 Ultra Mobile Projector which has only one 1.3 HDMI port which is not capable of HDMI ARC

no not 5.1, it will be 2 channel, but some movies even with this set up have triggered a full 5.1, Star Wars on dvd playing through my old Clevo D9T did this,

I have ordered an Yamaha YHT-196, which has 4 hdmi ports with one as output (ARC). I learnt that all the HTiB's like sony, lg, samsung, philips are all crap since failure of one component will even render the whole set useless.

Thanks anyway guys!