Photo

why are you waiting or holding back on PS4 and/or Xbox 1?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: why are you waiting or holding back on PS4 and/or Xbox 1?

Why haven't you buy the PS4 and/or Xbox One?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What console will you buy when you do get one?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,402 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows 8X

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:59

There are a few people on here is getting a PS4 and or Xbox One but will want for sometime. Would like to know the reason why.

#2 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 10,722 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:01

You should add a poll

Personally, I prefer Gran Turismo and Killzone so I'll vote playstation, but that is the only reason, (sony exclusives)

And finances of course, I had to make a choice, get my very first ever launch day console, or upgrade my pc further.

Console won as I'm at the point where upgrading this machine isn't a viable option anymore

#3 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 3,573 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:04

Not a high priority for me.. the X1 is on the to-do down the road as a larf and the non-gaming features look interesting but primarily a PC gamer, neither are in the "ZOMG gotta have it" category. No interest in the PS4 as it's just gaming and I have better for that, also have trust issues with Sony. Opinion of course. I might eventually get a Wii-U for giggles too now that some of the titles that I'm interested in are starting to show up.

And yea, a poll might not be a bad idea.

#4 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,539 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:24

Mostly a money issue right now for me. Kinda planning a wedding so $500 is a bit harder part with at the moment for a gaming console, but I'll pick one up next year.

I've got plenty of unplayed games on the 360 now though to keep me going for a while now that they've been selling a bunch of good ones for cheap or free the last six months.

#5 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,926 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:27

There are a few people on here is getting a PS4 and or Xbox One but will want for sometime. Would like to know the reason why.

I'm not sure I understood this sentence, but to answer the topic title I am not getting a PS4 for the moment for several reasons. For one, I'd rather wait until they've fixed most issues. For another reason, I would rather wait until there is a larger selection of games available. And finally, I still have a huge library of PS3 games that I need to work my way through. I'm not going to be bored waiting for a while.

#6 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,402 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows 8X

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:29

I'm not sure I understood this sentence, but to answer the topic title I am not getting a PS4 for the moment for several reasons. For one, I'd rather wait until they've fixed most issues. For another reason, I would rather wait until there is a larger selection of games available. And finally, I still have a huge library of PS3 games that I need to work my way through. I'm not going to be bored waiting for a while.

Sorry was on my tablet (auto-correction) at the time I started the post. I was talking about some people are waiting on the PS4 and Xbox One. Not buying it at the time of release.

#7 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 17,442 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:38

I can't vote because it's not so much a money issue and so on as it is a few other things.  In the long run I plan to get both, XB1 first as I'm going to get the PS4 mostly for any JRPG exclusives it'll end up having.   But at this point none of the them are for sale in my country.  I think the PS4 goes on sale here December 13th?  I don't know about the XB1 release date either and I don't want to import a console.      So that's one thing, the other thing is that right now I'm in no rush to play any of the games out for either system.   I'll keep playing on my 360 (just started Tomb Raider) and the PC till the time comes.

#8 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,651 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:42

As the option i'd pick isn't up there.

I'm not getting either yet because the consoles feel like they were released too early to meet the christmas rush.

The WiiU at the moment is the more attractive prospect. Thinking of picking one up at christmas.

Probably middle of next year or maybe after the summer i'll pick them up. When more games are out.

Seriously the launches for both of the consoles are poor.

#9 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,926 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:48

Sorry was on my tablet (auto-correction) at the time I started the post. I was talking about some people are waiting on the PS4 and Xbox One. Not buying it at the time of release.

Ah, I thought that might be it. Well then my answer still stands. :)

I haven't voted in the poll, as none of the options in the first question suit my reasons. However, I am waiting for the PS4. I don't have any interest in the Xbox.

#10 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,469 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:51

The option i wanted was not in the Poll, I would have selected the game I want has not been released yet.

#11 GotBored

GotBored

Moved to NeoGAF

• 934 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:55

I'm in a remote locality for work and cannot test out the consoles.

I wanted to try out a game or two and the console itself before I made a purchase.

#12 Kreuger

Kreuger

Neowin's Local Grouch

• 5,837 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:58

I can't afford to. And more than that, I can't justify the price. When my PS3 died last year, I bought a new one and haven't played it anywhere near enough to make it worth the money invested, a second time. And based off that, I don't see a PS4 getting enough usage either. Now more than ever, these new consoles are just over glorified PCs anyways. So it's pretty much out of my interests.

#13 BouncinDave

BouncinDave

The One and Only

• 380 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 13:58

The option i wanted was not in the Poll, I would have selected the game I want has not been released yet.

Same here.

#14 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,943 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 14:01

Cash mostly.  I love the X1 but I need a new PC first because of Mantle, and the X1 needs more games before I feel right dropping $500 on kit.

#15 mls67

mls67

Neowinian

• 124 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 14:02

I'll wait until my 360 red rings. I'm on my third one so it should happen soon ;-)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!