why are you waiting or holding back on PS4 and/or Xbox 1?

65 members have voted

1. 1. Why haven't you buy the PS4 and/or Xbox One?

• Too expensive.
    • PC gamer.
    • Waiting for the smaller version of the consoles.
    • Not a gamer and use Roku, Apple TV, or 360 for my media device.
    • Don't have the money at the time for a new console.
    • Got a Wii U (Serious, I prefer Wii U)
  2. 2. What console will you buy when you do get one?

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Wii U
    • None

I think i'll wait to see what happens with the Steam Box. I'm really getting back into PC gaming lately and i like Steam as a platform. I'm not impressed by either next gen console right now anyway certainly not enough to spend 500$+ on them.

Holding back on a PS4, because I can't afford to have both right now. Also have the WiiU and a 3DS in my sights, not to mention I could really do with building a new PC.

Googling how to rob a bank, as we speak. :shiftyninja:

I just got my WII U, AND am a bigger pc gamer than console player. My wife and daughter love the Mario games, and I'm a Zelda fan, so the WII just makes better sense for our gaming needs.

I also still own a Dreamcast, a NES, N64, Gamecube, and a WII on the Nintendo side and an PS1 and PS2 on the Sony side, and an Xbox 360 on the Microsoft front. All still work, but only the WII, WII U, and the XB360 are connected.

Already have a Wii U. Have a PS4 on pre-order for delivery tomorrow. Holding off of the XB1.

My reasoning is that I love Mario games, and I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy, so the Wii U was vital. The PS4/XB1 decision was down to two things: Killzone, and the fact that I kind of begrudge paying for a Kinect I don't want to use. I'll get an XB1 when they drop in price a bit.

Last gen I did it the other way around - got a 360 at launch and the PS3 when it dropped to a sensible price. The PS3 is going to be retired into the spare room as a remote play server!

I'm still actively playing games on my 360 and PS3 but I don't have the moola to get an Xbox One or PS4.  I'm still up in the air over which one to get although I may eventually get both.

I also want to wait out until both systems have matured a little bit.  I got the 360 and PS3 when they became slim so I'm in no rush to get current gen.

I would be waiting until more games come out, don't want to buy an expensive gadget and have it mostly idle. Although I get paid at midnight tonight and am tempted :D

I don't see much point in getting any launch models and there are no games that tickle the eye in a nextgen way yet aside from Killzone, maybe.

The leap is weak this time, not that feeling from back then.. just some good PC specs. Exclusives will draw people.

Poll kinda needs an option called "waiting for games worth buying it for". But aside from that, it'd be a combination of being a pc gamer, having plenty to play, both in current and future releases, on 7th gen consoles(ps3/360), and having a wii u(which technically is the best 8th gen console as of right now, due to it having content).

Not enough games for the new consoles and still plenty of interesting titles on the old ones.

Waiting for more games to come out also means a chance to get a more polished experience, both on software and maybe hardware if they have flaws that warrant a revised new model.

I have more fun playing PC games than console games. I started out as a PC gamer but I also owned a PS2 and Xbox 360. After my Xbox 360 died in September 2007 (purchased August 2006), I built a gaming PC. I still use it to this day and instead of buying the Xbox One, I'm going to build another gaming PC. I've put many hours into games like Dota 2, Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2. I'm also looking forward to games on the PC more than games on the Xbox One (or PS4). Also, all I ever played were a couple of console games (mainly Call of Duty). I really don't want to pay $400/$500 and then pay more for PS Plus/XBL Gold. I'd rather invest $800-$1000 in a decent gaming PC that will last me another 5 years. Valve has some great Steam sales and you can get games at a low price from the Humble bundles. I'm tired of paying $60 a pop for console games.

To sum everything up, I see more value in PC gaming and I enjoy it more.

• Like 2

I think the last console I cared anything about was the Dreamcast, and even it didn't compare to the greatest console ever, the Super Nintendo. I'm just not interested in new consoles at all (and really they aren't even consoles to me anymore, just PCs with their own special OS). The only modern games I like are also or exclusively on the PC. They play better on the PC and they are cheaper so I doubt I'll ever buy another console. Ok maybe a Wii possibly, but unlikely.

Waiting for a price drop and hopefully a kinect free Xbone   ...or when the next Mass Effect game is released, whichever comes first

I waited to see how the consoles would operate and actually get hands on time with them.

I decided on the PS4 but it is sold out in Australia till early Feb according to all major retailers I've called which stock it. :(

Xbox One is readily available in Aus for those who want to buy one.

Hello,

I really dislike people writing the "Xbox One" as "Xbox 1". There was already a Xbox 1.

Microsoft I still think picked the worst name. "Xbox ?" or "Xbox inf" or "Xbox Infinity" would have been way better games and would have made more sense.

Thats my rant :p Sorry.