How to Report Illegal Immigrants (NY)?

Just out of curiosity, why do you care about their legal status? :huh:

new york is a crowded state with too high property value. space is limited and resources stretched thin... but sure, let's cram as many people who shouldn't even be there to begin with into an overcrowded space to let them to consume our resources, drive down wages by working off the books at less than minimum wage, water down our native culture with their own,  consume resources in the public sector by usually not speaking English or obeying the law(because if you're going to enter the country by breaking one law then what do the rest of them matter anyway?). We have EVERY ######ING REASON TO BE ANGRY AT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. They make our lives more expensive and deteriorate the society and culture that we created without having to pay anything forward to that society.

I'm wondering how the OP figured out they have fake SSN/Drivers License/Work permit status/etc. I guess he somehow illegally got access to the documents in question  :huh: or he doesn't actually know...

There are probably millions of legal citizens whose deportation, to whichever third-world hell hole would take them, would instantly benefit the country. It is precisely because this is, currently, not possible that "illegal" immigration is even an issue.

• Like 2

I'm sure you could report this to the Department of Homeland Security (formerly INS)...

The bigger question to me though is how do you know these as facts (as you've asserted them as such)? How do you know their Driver's License is fake? Their SSN? And etc?

Additionally, unless they manage to live in the middle of no where and are completely self sustaining and "off the grid" I don't know how it would be possible to not pay taxes. Even regarding employment, unless they are employed "under the table" (which I'm assuming wouldn't be the case as otherwise why would they need a fake SSN card?) they are paying all the same taxes everyone else does. For most illegal immigrants that is the case... Even if we agree, for the sake of discussion, that they are qu employed "under the table" then there are still a long list of other taxes they'll be paying (unless they are isolated as I mentioned earlier).

My wife went through the long and annoying US immigration process and we paid thousands of dollars in government fees (fortunately I could handle the paperwork for her saving us additional legal fees). I am not a fan of illegally immigrating as much as I'm not as fan of the current immigration system. That being said, I don't see how this would be a priority at all unless they are causing problems in the area by breaking other laws.

There are so many question's he's not answering... Like HOW DO YOU KNOW THE SSN and LICENSE's are FAKE.......

Like someone mentioned above he's probably ###### they have a nicer place than him lol

new york is a crowded state with too high property value. space is limited and resources stretched thin... but sure, let's cram as many people who shouldn't even be there to begin with into an overcrowded space to let them to consume our resources, drive down wages by working off the books at less than minimum wage, water down our native culture with their own,  consume resources in the public sector by usually not speaking English or obeying the law(because if you're going to enter the country by breaking one law then what do the rest of them matter anyway?). We have EVERY ****ING REASON TO BE ANGRY AT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. They make our lives more expensive and deteriorate the society and culture that we created without having to pay anything forward to that society.

:|

OK lets take a step back and talk rationally for a short minute as it seemed like you might have snapped while typing that...

For starters, there is no "native" culture to America. Unless your statement is that we should all appreciate and embody the culture of the various native tribes that occupied this land before the mixture of groups arrived over the last 300 years or so. America's native culture, if you want to even pretend we have one, is that of a variety of cultures from all over the world.

Additionally, I don't see how it would be possible for "illegals" to be driving up the property values in NY while simultaneously driving down wages. If this is the case, where is the money coming from that enables them to push up the property rates?

This might also come as a shock, but we don't have a national language in the US. As a result, there is no requirement that they "know the language" to be welcome into our society. Obviously, knowing English can make life easier for them, but it isn't embodied in any law anywhere. As a result, our nation would have to provide services for non-English speakers who are legal citizens (and *gasp* we do!).

You also can't use the line that "well because they broke a law to enter the country they must be assumed to always be breaking the law" as a valid knock against these persons. Downloading songs and movies on BitTorrent that you didn't legally license is a violation of US law. The vast majority of, if not every, member of this forum as done so at one point or another. Are we all constantly breaking the law? Are you? Even worse, since there is no one in the US that knows all the crimes that exist on the Federal level alone everyone could be breaking the law multiple times a day. Should we assume every American is a criminal and should be treated as such by default?

I digress...

1. Are they affecting you personally?

2. Are they posing a threat to you?

3. Are they causing you issues making your life unbearable?

If you said no to those, then I would leave them alone. I am sure they want to live a life the same as a non-illegal!

• Like 3

1. Are they affecting you personally?

2. Are they posing a threat to you?

3. Are they causing you issues making your life unbearable?

If you said no to those, then I would leave them alone. I am sure they want to live a life the same as a non-illegal!

They certainly would be if they are getting any of your tax money.

Doing other criminal things in your area.

Creating loud disturbances.

Taking a job that a real citizen might otherwise get.

And I have personally saw all these things happen. ;)

• Like 2

So you wanna be "that guy", huh? I'd give you some words thru the Internet, but the gentleman in me just kicked in.

To me it sounds you have a severe case of Haterus Racismosis, easily cleared with 2 pills of Mind Your Own Business every 6hrs.

• Like 2

:|

OK lets take a step back and talk rationally for a short minute as it seemed like you might have snapped while typing that...

For starters, there is no "native" culture to America. Unless your statement is that we should all appreciate and embody the culture of the various native tribes that occupied this land before the mixture of groups arrived over the last 300 years or so. America's native culture, if you want to even pretend we have one, is that of a variety of cultures from all over the world.

Additionally, I don't see how it would be possible for "illegals" to be driving up the property values in NY while simultaneously driving down wages. If this is the case, where is the money coming from that enables them to push up the property rates?

This might also come as a shock, but we don't have a national language in the US. As a result, there is no requirement that they "know the language" to be welcome into our society. Obviously, knowing English can make life easier for them, but it isn't embodied in any law anywhere. As a result, our nation would have to provide services for non-English speakers who are legal citizens (and *gasp* we do!).

You also can't use the line that "well because they broke a law to enter the country they must be assumed to always be breaking the law" as a valid knock against these persons. Downloading songs and movies on BitTorrent that you didn't legally license is a violation of US law. The vast majority of, if not every, member of this forum as done so at one point or another. Are we all constantly breaking the law? Are you? Even worse, since there is no one in the US that knows all the crimes that exist on the Federal level alone everyone could be breaking the law multiple times a day. Should we assume every American is a criminal and should be treated as such by default?

I digress...

Saved me the trouble of writing something similar.

find them all and ship them back where they came from no questions just haul them away then they can try again the Legal way

Just out of curiosity, why do you care about their legal status? :huh:

no one that is "able" deserves a free ride when everyone else has to pay for them.... i am surprised this has to be pointed out...

I'm wondering how the OP figured out they have fake SSN/Drivers License/Work permit status/etc. I guess he somehow illegally got access to the documents in question  :huh: or he doesn't actually know...

i would predict a friendship that went sour

LOL at the people in here saying to mind his own business and defending illegals. ship em all out i say they came here illegally why not report them

it probley because many people do know many good and responsible illegals. But it swings the other way too, some are system leechers. I personally have no problem with illegals as long as they respect the system and do their share, its the leechers for sure that need to be stepped on and kicked out asap

They certainly would be if they are getting any of your tax money.

Doing other criminal things in your area.

Creating loud disturbances.

Taking a job that a real citizen might otherwise get.

And I have personally saw all these things happen. ;)

As someone else said, illegal immigrants pay more taxes than they take out of the system. Illegal immigrants can't get any type of welfare or food stamps, although in the past it's been falsely stated that they can. Also, they can't get Medicare or Social Security. A lot of money that helps Social Security remain viable actually comes from most of the 11 million illegal immigrants, since they almost always have to pay into the system, but never get any of those benefits in return.

Most illegal immigrants are probably more worried about doing anything illegal than the average citizen, because getting picked up on even a speeding ticket (until relatively recently) might mean deportation back to a third world nation, not just a fine or probation. Also, the vast majority of crime is done by citizens.

Agricultural businesses rely on illegal immigrants for low wage labor. Citizens won't take those jobs. And, that's not a supposition, as it's born out in Alabama and other states that suffer severe labor shortages when they crack down on undocumented workers. Meanwhile, there are literally millions of jobs in America that aren't being filled because too few citizens are qualified.

• Like 2

As someone else said, illegal immigrants pay more taxes than they take out of the system. Illegal immigrants can't get any type of welfare or food stamps, although in the past it's been falsely stated that they can. Also, they can't get Medicare or Social Security. A lot of money that helps Social Security remain viable actually comes from most of the 11 million illegal immigrants, since they almost always have to pay into the system, but never get any of those benefits in return.

Most illegal immigrants are probably more worried about doing anything illegal than the average citizen, because getting picked up on even a speeding ticket (until relatively recently) might mean deportation back to a third world nation, not just a fine or probation. Also, the vast majority of crime is done by citizens.

Agricultural businesses rely on illegal immigrants for low wage labor. Citizens won't take those jobs. And, that's not a supposition, as it's born out in Alabama and other states that suffer severe labor shortages when they crack down on undocumented workers. Meanwhile, there are literally millions of jobs in America that aren't being filled because too few citizens are qualified.

They don't pay any Tax! 

They don't pay any Tax!

I got bored waiting for a response. I'll guess Hannity, or Beck :)

However you got that idea, it's a result of being dead wrong on the facts.

Most arguments against illegal immigration begin with the premise that the illegal don't pay income taxes, and that they therefore take more in services than they contribute. However, IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year.[21] Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes.[21] illegal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security.[26] In addition, they spend millions of dollars per year, which supports the US economy and helps to create new jobs. The Texas State Comptroller reported in 2006 that the 1.4 million illegal immigrants in Texas alone added almost $18 billion to the state's budget, and paid $1.2 billion in state services they used.[27]

The Social Security and Medicare contributions of illegal immigrants directly support older Americans, as illegal immigrants are not eligible to receive these services.[28] The Internal Revenue Service issues an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have Federal tax return and payment responsibilities under the Internal Revenue Code. Federal tax law prohibits the IRS from sharing data with other government agencies including the INS. In 2006 1.4 million people used ITIN when filing taxes, of which more than half were illegal immigrants.[29]

Social Security subsidization[edit]

Illegal immigrants pay social security payroll taxes but are not eligible for benefits. During 2006, Standard & Poor's analysts wrote: "Each year, for example, the U.S. Social Security Administration maintains roughly $6 billion to $7 billion of Social Security contributions in an "earnings suspense file"?an account for W-2 tax forms that cannot be matched to the correct Social Security number. The vast majority of these numbers are attributable to illegal workers who will never claim their benefits."[30]

The Social Security Administration has stated that it believes unauthorized work by non-citizens is a major cause of wage items being posted as erroneous wage reports instead of on an individual's earnings record.[31] When Social Security numbers are already in use; names do not match the numbers or the numbers are fake, or the person of record is too old, young, dead etc., the earnings reported to the Social Security Agency are put in an Earnings Suspense file [ESF]. The Social Security spends about $100 million a year and corrects all but about 2% of these. From tax years 1937 through 2003 the ESF had accumulated about 255 million mismatched wage reports, representing $520 billion in wages and about $75 billion in employment taxes paid into the over $1.5 trillion in the Social Security Trust funds. As of October 2005, approximately 8.8 million wage reports, representing $57.8 billion in wages remained unresolved in the suspense file for tax year 2003.[31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_illegal_immigrants_in_the_United_States#Taxes_contributed