Photo

My friends Xbox One is broken

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:25

Costing them $1B is not perfectly fine, not in anyone's book.

out of context. im talking about the product. it went on to sell very well.

#32 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:33

A close friend of mines received his Day One: Xbox One from Amazon just like I did on launch day.  We both hooked it up around the same time as well.

We both discussed the pros and cons of the system and so forth.

Now lets fast forward a week later.  My friend's Xbox One has bit the dust.  It started while he was trying to get into Battlefield online match, it wouldn't let him in, and not only that, it would also freeze up his Xbox One.  He quits out of the game outright and tries to go back in, and this time the game disc won't read...  Turns off the Xbox One and turns it back on, makes sure all games and apps are closed, ejects BF4 disc puts it back in, the disc won't read...  Ejects disc, and puts in NBA2K14, tries to play it, no disc is recognized at all.

Calls Microsoft, they put him through the usual unplug cables and such.  Make sure all game and apps and such are closed (usual scripted walk through's when you call support)...

Uninstall game and Re-Install game (which takes forever as it is), disc is recognized again, but there is a disc read error..   

They are shipping him a coffin and giving him a copy of Dead Rising 3 as a "I'm sorry gift"

I've been on a pro-Microsoft tour as of late, but that is reversing mighty fast.  And this goes for more than Xbox at that.

Yes, my Xbox is fine.  But seeing the Xbox One's dropping like flies.  I have to wonder, how long will mines be fine for...

Well, were you not paying attention with the 360 RRoD was widespread?  I don't know a single person who picked up an Xbox 360 within the first year of release that didn't have the RRoD.  Still, all the Xbox fanboys came out in droves defending and downplaying what was a very obvious and widespread problem.

MS is good about their warranty support at least...  and their out-of-warranty repair service isn't too bad.

#33 OP Showan

Showan

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:36

Well, were you not paying attention with the 360 RRoD was widespread?  I don't know a single person who picked up an Xbox 360 within the first year of release that didn't have the RRoD.  Still, all the Xbox fanboys came out in droves defending and downplaying what was a very obvious and widespread problem.

MS is good about their warranty support at least...  and their out-of-warranty repair service isn't too bad.

I've been through the RRoD...

#34 FreeJAC1310

FreeJAC1310

Neowinian

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:40

All electronics break, there seems to be more right now because of the high volume / high visibility of the launch event. The price doesn't matter, it can happen to a $5000.00 CAD workstation. Be ****ed at the Xbox One and Microsoft if they don't give you good customer service when their stuff does break! That is when a company shows their true colours. I think the RROD fiasco with the 360 has taught MS a-lot about how to take care of their customers. I'd take the free game to be inconvinienced for a few days / weeks. 

#35 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:40

I've been through the RRoD...

Like about everyone who bought a launch 360 :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!