50 replies to this topic

#31 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 8,515 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:20

I went to Wal-Mart briefly on Thursday.

They had half the store barricaded.

I don't get why the food section was blocked up, and had long lines.

There seemed to be one employee for every customer !

I bought some normal stuff and got out while I still could :p

That's the reason I shop for food early before BF.. or wait after BF is over.

Stores around here that they have cops standing by in case people gone crazy or shoplifting.

#32 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,286 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:31

I miss the old days of Black Friday.  We stood in line waiting and talking about interesting stuffs from previous ones with others.  Even when the door opened, we rushed in by order.  This is why I stopped going to Black Friday.  It's just sad that we are becoming like third world Countries now.

#33 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,556 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:38

I think they need to start advertising it as Black & Blue Friday from now on.

Who else is with me in thinking it's time to have a law that all stores be closed on Thanksgiving/Black Friday and ONLY have on-line deals?

#34 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,535 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:59

A few states have done that, though the constitutionality is iffy.

#35 Angelic Marge

Angelic Marge

Heavenly

• 4,088 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 22:00

photo1.jpg

#36 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,670 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 17:52

NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -

A Thanksgiving shopper is facing criminal charges after police say she pulled a stun gun in a dispute over a shopping cart outside of a Walmart store.

Police say it happened Thursday at about 7:18 p.m. at the Walmart in Linden, N.J.

Officers assigned to the store were alerted to a dispute in the parking lot between two women. An on-duty Linden Fire Department captain on scene monitoring the crowd situation told an officer that one of the women had a stun gun.

Police spoke to a victim, a 42 year old from Staten Island, who told officers that she and another woman were having an argument over a shopping cart when the other woman pulled out a stun gun and activated it in a threatening manner.

Police say the woman with the stun gun, Latosha Mathis, 34, of Elizabeth, N.J. was arrested after officers found the TW-11 stun gun in her purse.

She was charged with illegal possession of a stun gun, and is due back in court on December 6, 2013.  She faces up to 18 months in jail and a $10,000 fine.

http://www.myfoxny.c...t-shopping-cart

#37 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,757 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 18:18

It's just sad that we are becoming like third world Countries now.

You don't know what a third world country is like. Seriously. Fights/deaths/etc over a discount on a crappy item is clearly a first world problem.

#38 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,757 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 18:20

I think they need to start advertising it as Black & Blue Friday from now on.

Who else is with me in thinking it's time to have a law that all stores be closed on Thanksgiving/Black Friday and ONLY have on-line deals?

That 'law' does nothing. It would just move to Saturday. 

#39 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 00:29

I am against passing laws like that. I don't think it's the government's place to tell a store when they can open. 

#40 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,556 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:33

That 'law' does nothing. It would just move to Saturday. 

I'm talking about a law or merely the agreement by the major stores that all Black Friday door buster deals and major mark downs occur ONLY online.  If people want to line up to shop for items at the same price they are every other day then they are welcome to do just that.  But this insane trampling and fighting like a pack of wolves over cheap, mark down items needs to end.  The best way to do that is remove the deals from the store.  No insanity, no need for additional staff, no need for additional tax payer costs for added police, no one gets hurt.

#41 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,757 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38

I'm talking about a law or merely the agreement by the major stores that all Black Friday door buster deals and major mark downs occur ONLY online.  If people want to line up to shop for items at the same price they are every other day then they are welcome to do just that.  But this insane trampling and fighting like a pack of wolves over cheap, mark down items needs to end.  The best way to do that is remove the deals from the store.  No insanity, no need for additional staff, no need for additional tax payer costs for added police, no one gets hurt.

You must be drunk. How would that law read? 'Brick and mortar stores are no longer allowed to put items on sale!'?

#42 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,556 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 19:17

You must be drunk. How would that law read? 'Brick and mortar stores are no longer allowed to put items on sale!'?

Simple:

- Stores must stock enough of each item on sale to accomodate a minimum xx% of expected customers based on last year numbers

- Sale items exceeding xx% off suggested retail value may only be available for on-line purchase

#43 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,757 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 19:47

Simple:

- Stores must stock enough of each item on sale to accomodate a minimum xx% of expected customers based on last year numbers

- Sale items exceeding xx% off suggested retail value may only be available for on-line purchase

You don't see the problem with EITHER of those?

#44 Orange

Orange

Oh Yes!

• 7,352 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3/ Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Posted 02 December 2013 - 19:57

Same thing happened over here in England... why o why..

#45 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,556 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 20:20

You don't see the problem with EITHER of those?

Not really, no.

Stores have centralized warehouses.  Shipments move overnight.  There's absolutely no excuse for places like Best Buy to have only 3-5 Xbox1's in a store for 500+ people.  If they only get a shipment of 50 from MS, then you keep it in the warehouse and 50 are available on-line.  Else, you stock enough expected for that day, restock for the next day, etc.

How hard is it to figure out % over suggested retail value?  It's not like the store is losing sales.  A consumer buying from ABC company online as opposed to walking into their store still gives ABC his/her money.

People have tried everything to control the mob mentality...yet nothing works.  And nothing has resolved the issues with people walking out of these stores and getting a gun shoved in their face.  By far, the safest method is to remove the element which creates the mob and deliver straight to peoples' doorsteps.  On-line resolves this.

Instead of criticizing, why not suggest your 'better' solution?