240,000 bottles of beer destroyed

yet Muslims drank beer and fermented drinks like wild in the early times (circa 0 A.D.)... yet it's only a problem now modern days....

For those suggesting it should have been sold, selling and even producing it for consumption is prohibited. And it's illegal because its intoxicating. Anything that enables one to lose self control is haram. I won't divulge into why, there are plenty of examples around you. And no, Muslims never drank fermented drinks since after the revelation prohibiting alcohol and swine came. I too believe the right course of action would have been to use it for fuel instead of destroying it.

Thread Cleaned.

Come on guys keep it on track, whilst you may not agree with the ways of other countries/religions please try to discuss it in a civilised manner.

From the label on the green one it seems like it's "Baltika". Drinking it right now that's why it seems so familiar :D Tho not the cheapest beer around to waste, ?1 a bottle while others go around ?.60-.70 cents.

yet Muslims drank beer and fermented drinks like wild in the early times (circa 0 A.D.)... yet it's only a problem now modern days....

Only they didn't exist until about 600 years later. That said, I think it wasn't so strict earlier in history.