What did you buy on Black Friday ?

I was tempted by this 56k modem on Newegg, they have it marked down to only $1,399.99. I decided to pass on it though in case this DSL thing takes off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=8_vuell8EeO_Oh40xRvYTA0_.h3q3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16825104016&cm_sp=

lol wtf? i have a couple of those @ home for nostalgia..

edit: oh and it's on sale (26% discount)? good!

Got BF4 for $25 and Batman AA and AC for $19 for the Xbox because why not. Brand new also from Gamestop.

Got some stuff at Target for the house.

Got a few dress shirts at Macy's and some casual stuff for the wife at Aero.

Not on sale but got a Nexus 5 also from Craigslist! Was a pretty good deal (well just a lil cheaper than buying it from Google without the wait). Everyone else on there wanted like $450 for the 16GB one. :p

So yay!

I was tempted by this 56k modem on Newegg, they have it marked down to only $1,399.99. I decided to pass on it though in case this DSL thing takes off.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=8_vuell8EeO_Oh40xRvYTA0_.h3q3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16825104016&cm_sp=

It must be an error, I think its supposed to be $13.99, but even at that price its too much.

Black Friday is a mild example of the kinds of things that would happen if there ever was any kind of disaster and people were desperate for resources.  If they'll beat each other and trample each other to death for an XBox, what would they do for the last pack of batteries or the last gallon of gas or the last package of frozen meat?

To answer the post, I didn't buy anything except a sandwich and an energy drink to get me through the long drive back from my in-laws' house, :P

I bought a hoodie and a pressure washer on Amazon's lightning deals. Oh, and I worked instead of spending the day shopping. I'll buy all my gifts online and probably still pay less than everyone who was out shopping at 5am.

Bought a 32gb class 10 microsd card for $10 after $8 mail in rebate  and a logitech m560 wireless mouse for$18.

3 sweaters - i realized that if i only buy stuff when i need it then i still save more money paying full price as opposed to buying stuff that's on sale but i don't really need :p

i wanted to get the bose soundtouch speakers but they never went on sale anywhere

Absolutely nothing, I slept in until 2 PM (because this was the first time I was able to do so in the past four years).

I worked in Retail when I was younger and had to work Black Friday so I still to this day dispise it with a passion. The same sales you can usually catch a month or two later (or get the exact same sale online without having to wait in a line outside)...

Absolutely nothing, I slept in until 2 PM (because this was the first time I was able to do so in the past four years).

I worked in Retail when I was younger and had to work Black Friday so I still to this day dispise it with a passion. The same sales you can usually catch a month or two later (or get the exact same sale online without having to wait in a line outside)...

Or you just visit deals sites like slickdeals, and find deals on stuff year round ;) Black Friday is just the mark of holiday shopping. I think it's been blown out of proportions for the past few years. 

Here's a trick I recently discovered -

Especially for clothes, if you want to get something you like (and make sure it's available on BF) and also not have to deal with the crowd...buy it a couple of weeks earlier at regular price (or whatever their promotion is at the time).

Keep the tags on and go to the store on BF (later in the evenings when the crowd has subsided) then ask them to price match, if they refuse, politely ask to return the clothes and repurchase.  They can't say it's not available and you'd still get the discount price :)

Good tip; that may work at some places but at Best Buy they had a DIVO policy which was basically send back to MFG. Once it was marked as returned in the system (unless it was no longer returnable to MFG, like end of year models, etc) they would get a bar code slapped on them and sent back to the warehouse at the end of the night and couldn't be changed in the system.

Here's a trick I recently discovered -

Especially for clothes, if you want to get something you like (and make sure it's available on BF) and also not have to deal with the crowd...buy it a couple of weeks earlier at regular price (or whatever their promotion is at the time).

Keep the tags on and go to the store on BF (later in the evenings when the crowd has subsided) then ask them to price match, if they refuse, politely ask to return the clothes and repurchase.  They can't say it's not available and you'd still get the discount price :)

I got a Nook Simple Touch while it was $39 but that's all. Most of the deals I saw weren't all that great, no better than you can get any other day really. Places like Newegg and Amazon have sales every day, but I'm hoping Cyber Monday might have some good bargains. I only shop online now though, no way I'm going out into those crazy crowds. No sale is worth putting yourself through that.

I'm guessing Black Friday was the Friday just gone? I bought lunch and a train ticket to see the family. Nothing special, we don't get Black Friday discounts over here...

^ HAH :laugh:

Ok, I was being pedantic. I'm aware of the idea of Black Friday (although I did just need to go and look up its origins...how bizarre) But still, I didn't buy anything on a discount.

2 Bottles of Cola, Lunch, and Petrol, none of which were discounted as Black Friday isn't really that big here.

The same sales you can usually catch a month or two later (or get the exact same sale online without having to wait in a line outside)...

Exactly. My wife actually wanted to purchase a couple of items and they had it marked UP instead of down. You have to very careful out there.