• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,104 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 20 January 2014 - 18:34

I believe in few years time we can build a more powerful pc that can be much more portable than ps4/X1. The Mac Pro is really a great example of how far we can tweak it to create a better gaming hardware in such a small size. 

A Mac Pro also costs $3000.

#17 OP Master of Earth

Master of Earth

Neowinian

• 820 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:10

A Mac Pro also costs $3000.

That's because of dual cpu ,pci ssd, and firepro workstation graphics. We don't think a gaming hardware is going to use that spec to build a beast in such a tiny little box and it will price half of what the Mac Pro at the entry level. 

#18 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,878 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:07

Mantle is really the missing puzzle of what the PC Game performance lack compared to console. Once every game is mantle ready, the vision of one unify gaming platform is less opaque and couldn't be more happy that vavle constantly advocate it with steamOS that based on debian. We're no longer locked down to specific platform in few years time if everything is going as plan and proceed with seamless transition.

I believe in few years time we can build a more powerful pc that can be much more portable than ps4/X1. The Mac Pro is really a great example of how far we can tweak it to create a better gaming hardware in such a small size. 

well atm the performanrce of high klevel gfx cards is kike trhose runign on AMD cou hardware, and the 58% on xfire i thin is due t th fct you dont have memory copyng, instead of having 4GB in 2x 290 you have 8GB cus its hardware agnstic and can utilise it all, not sure typin is crap cus ive got hiccups bt think its along those lines