2ds 3ds mario

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 December 2013 - 15:46

If I were you.  I would get him a Gameboy Color, or Advanced (if you can find one) and get some old school pokemon games (red, blue, yellow).   Much better than DS's :p

We already have those :-P.  Actually my step-sons are both fans of oldschool games.  I was impressed at their dedication at beating every old Mario game.

They're up to Mario 64.  That's a tough one!  I don't think I've ever beaten it to be honest.

#32 +LimeMaster92

LimeMaster92

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 December 2013 - 15:56

If I were you.  I would get him a Gameboy Color, or Advanced (if you can find one) and get some old school pokemon games (red, blue, yellow).   Much better than DS's :p

The original DS and DS Lite are actually backwards compatible and can play GBA games. :)

#33 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 28 December 2013 - 16:41

The original DS and DS Lite are actually backwards compatible and can play GBA games. :)

And the 3DS (XL) have access to the Nintendo Marketplace where you can buy VC games all the way back to the original Gameboy. :)

So far the gift was a hit.  I think it is a pretty nice looking console.  I want one now...grr.... must resist new toys that I do not need...

He's been playing that Mario & Luigi RPG game nonstop.  I really thought he would have no interest in it.

#34 +LimeMaster92

LimeMaster92

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 December 2013 - 18:15

And the 3DS (XL) have access to the Nintendo Marketplace where you can buy VC games all the way back to the original Gameboy. :)

So far the gift was a hit.  I think it is a pretty nice looking console.  I want one now...grr.... must resist new toys that I do not need...

He's been playing that Mario & Luigi RPG game nonstop.  I really thought he would have no interest in it.

It's good that you've decided to go with the 3DS XL rather than the 2DS. :) I would say the eShop was good for buying GB/GBC games, but it only actually has a few well known ones and no obscure ones.

You could try searching for a cheap pre-owned 3DS,  then you'd have an excuse. :laugh:

Really, those games are known to be good. :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!