Xbox music app unbearably slow

Is the xbox music app on the xbone unbearably slow or is it just me?

Are you on 8.1? The performance of Xbox Music improved significantly in 8.1.

xbox one ...

What exactly is slow about Xbox Music for you guys?

I have been using it without issue a few times now. I can jump through its menus just fine and it responds to voice and controller commands without delay.

I did notice it was a little slow pulling up/syncing all of my custom playlists, but once that was done, it seems to work fine for playback or exploring new music.

I have been using it without issue a few times now. I can jump through its menus just fine and it responds to voice and controller commands without delay.

I did notice it was a little slow pulling up/syncing all of my custom playlists, but once that was done, it seems to work fine for playback or exploring new music.

Scrolling through the Now Playing list is really slow and there is not way to jump back to the beginning without backing out, also the gestures for scrolling by closing your hand are bad. It doesn't scroll smooth like it does in the OS or Internet Explorer or Xbox Video. The music videos are gone : (. There doesn't seem to be a way to add a song to Now Playing. Music does not play in the background if you open another app, you have to snap the music app. It just feels very beta. The old 360 Xbox Music app was 1 million times better. Understandable because this is a new start, but still frustrating. 

Scrolling through the Now Playing list is really slow and there is not way to jump back to the beginning without backing out, also the gestures for scrolling by closing your hand are bad. It doesn't scroll smooth like it does in the OS or Internet Explorer or Xbox Video. The music videos are gone : (. There doesn't seem to be a way to add a song to Now Playing. Music does not play in the background if you open another app, you have to snap the music app. It just feels very beta. The old 360 Xbox Music app was 1 million times better. Understandable because this is a new start, but still frustrating.

Oh yeah, I agree that the app needs work.

The most glaring issue for me is the fact that it cannot run in the background. That I think must be fixed first.

There is an option to go back to the Xbox Music Home page. Just hit the 'Menu' button the controller wherever you are in the app and you will see an option to go back to the front page. You can also jump back into the now playing list from there as well as a couple other options.

To add a song to now playing or any other playlist, all you have to do is find the song you want and then click the 'A' button on the controller. That pops up options to add it to any list or to just play it.

As far as the hand gestures, I haven't tested that yet, just using voice and the controller at the moment.

Launching the app is really really really slow, pulling data down is unbearably slow and searching.... hahahah don't even try it.

Launching the app is really really really slow, pulling data down is unbearably slow and searching.... hahahah don't even try it.

hmm, interesting. I wonder why that isn't a universal issue. The first time I opened it, it did take maybe 30-45 seconds to pull down my custom playlists.

So I went back and I decided to test some times:

From a cold boot of the system:

App launch - 7 seconds (If I close the app via the menu option via the dash, it will reopen in 5 seconds)

Load list of custom playlists/collection - 4 seconds

Search (initiated while playing a playlist, searched for 'Rush', if it matters) - 2-3 seconds

Could there be some network issue at play here. I could see that affecting search time and pulling down data like your collection of music, etc, but that shouldn't affect loading times.

Maybe more people can chime in with some times like I did and we can try to find a pattern.

Hmm, yeah this seems odd. My music app only takes about 3 seconds to open, and I don't seem to have a problem loading my collection or playlists. It does try to sync every time, but that takes about 2 seconds.

Not sure what the OP means by "pulling data down" but that sounds like a network related issue of some kind. Browsing and playing artists or albums, starting radio stations, etc. all happen pretty quickly for me.