Wave fingers, make faces: The future of computing at Intel

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57614001-92/wave-fingers-make-faces-the-future-of-computing-at-intel/

The chip giant is working on "perceptual computing" technology that will sense your emotions and your body language. Here's an inside look.

DSC05234_610x407.jpg

If the next big wave in devices turns out to be gestures and eye tracking, Intel wants to be ready.

Intel is the king of PCs, but it hasn?t always been ahead of evolving innovations. Its processors power more than 80 percent of the world?s computers and the vast majority of its servers, but Intel has made little headway in smartphones and tablets. To spur interest in PCs again, as well as persuade more mobile device makers to use its chips, Intel has devoted significant resources and efforts to something it calls ?perceptual computing.?

The chip giant is working on "perceptual computing" technology that will sense your emotions and your body language

I'm always looking sad and lonely even when i'm not. Does it mean my computer will automatically log me in a dating web site when i'll boot it?

I'm always looking sad and lonely even when i'm not. Does it mean my computer will automatically log me in a dating web site when i'll boot it?

LOL... I catch your drift.. LOL  :laugh: no more info please. TMI, TMI! 

If the next big wave in devices turns out to be gestures and eye tracking, Intel wants to be ready.

When my computer shuts off when I give it the middle finger, it will be ready. 

When my computer shuts off when I give it the middle finger, it will be ready. 

or., if it monitors you with a roll of toiletpaper, it might lock your PC for you... :P LOL