• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 04 December 2013 - 00:07

Its in the store. The weird thing is its not listed along with the full game.

Currently, there are retail game demos for FIFA, NBA Live, and Zoo Tycoon (apparently that was added today). I got to them by searching for 'demos' in the stores.

Twats.

Thanks for the heads up.

#17 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 04 December 2013 - 00:17

Good news!

It does indeed work. So I turned it off at 2% and then when I turned it back on, it was at 67%. I will need to do more tests to see if the download speed is a lot slower then just letting the system run while downloading, but this confirms that the X1 will continue downloading/installing a game even after you turn it off.

#18 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:45

I understand that it'll download updates in that state, thats what it specifically mentions in the settings (Xbox will download updates in standby) but it mentions nothing about full games. I've got competing answers here now :(

Well I know that when downloading Forza 5 I turned mine off (No light on the console, no HDMI signal, etc.) and it still downloaded the game (50% in 10 hours woo Australian internet!). If you connect it to a switch you'll see the connection go from gigabit (When it's on) to 100Mbps (in "very low power mode"), and no light if it's actually turned off.

Interestingly, the PS4 never changes the link speed, "turned off" and it keeps the port at gigabit speed.

#19 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:00

Well I know that when downloading Forza 5 I turned mine off (No light on the console, no HDMI signal, etc.) and it still downloaded the game (50% in 10 hours woo Australian internet!). If you connect it to a switch you'll see the connection go from gigabit (When it's on) to 100Mbps (in "very low power mode"), and no light if it's actually turned off.

Interestingly, the PS4 never changes the link speed, "turned off" and it keeps the port at gigabit speed.

I noticed that too on my ps4, although even 100Mbps is enough to allow for full download speed for most connections. That could also be a reason why the ps4 draws more power vs the X1 while in standby like that.

#20 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:59

Even 100Mbps is overkill for Australia, unless you're on the NBN. At the moment I've only got a 3.8Mbps downlink connection, and that's not expected to change for another 3-4 years (In which case I might get 24Mbps)