How long does your laptop battery last?

Laptop Battery  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your laptop battery last for?

• 1-2 Hours
    • 3-4 Hours
    • 5-6 Hours
    • 7-8 Hours
    • 9-10 Hours
    • 10+ Hours
    • Less than an hour

On average, 7-9hrs. Heavy usage with browsing/streaming at medium brightness still gets me 5 hours at worst.

Went through 3 pc laptops over a 9 year span before finally getting the 2012 retina macbook pro. Up until that point, I would have said I would never waste my money on a mbp but Despite the large upfront cost that scares some, performance and build quality speaks for itself. I now shudder to think of having to deal with a battery that lasts only couple hours on a full size 15in laptops. Lenovo is the only pc that comes.

More than 3 and 1/2 hours on 2 Toshiba laptops with 17" screens. :)

I get 4 hours if i am using youtube browsing the net brightness up to around 50%. If i'm just using word and the internet i get around 7 hours on a dell inspiron 1521. 

Before SSD, 3.5hrs maximum on every power saving setting going.

Now I get 7-8 hours easily - Dell XPS L702X using a Samsung 128GB SSD and having power saving on moderate (2x500GB Seagate on power down).

If I game on it (rarely on battery), maybe two hours max for RTCW or Transformers WFC,

• 3 weeks later...

Got a 13" Vaio from 2010, used to get around 6 hours surfing on medium brightness, now that's down to around 3. Still pretty good considering it's age and the intensive daily use my laptop has seen.