Manage Wireless Networks in Windows 8.1 help

win8.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TsMkLg068426

TsMkLg068426

Neowinian

Posted 02 December 2013 - 18:22

My wireless keeps on saying limited connection but after doing a research for Manage Wireless Networks I realized it is no longer in Windows 8.1 but only through CMD which is lame because I tried the command to delete a wireless profile to re-add it back so the limited connection will go away but the command does not work for deleting one of my wireless connections.[/size]

Why is Microsoft making it harder to manage our wireless connections?[/size]

#2 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 December 2013 - 18:28

You can delete them in command/powershell.

netsh wlan delete profile name="your wireless name here"

Can't test it now since my work PC doesn't have wireless but it's something like that :p

---------------------
I also agree about managing some stuff via GUI. Guess Microsoft wants us all to become system admins or at least give system admins more work to do. LOL

#3 OP TsMkLg068426

TsMkLg068426

Neowinian

Posted 02 December 2013 - 18:36

Okay followed your instructions I guess I will have to wait until I go home to see that wireless is removed and than try to reconnect it but when I went to CMD/powershell and typed netsh wlan show profiles the wireless still showed up.  Sigh, why make it so hard Microsoft? :/ 

#4 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 21

Posted 02 December 2013 - 18:58

Don't forget the quotes in the delete command.

#5 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 02 December 2013 - 19:01

My wireless keeps on saying limited connection but after doing a research for Manage Wireless Networks I realized it is no longer in Windows 8.1 but only through CMD which is lame because I tried the command to delete a wireless profile to re-add it back so the limited connection will go away but the command does not work for deleting one of my wireless connections.[/size]

Why is Microsoft making it harder to manage our wireless connections?[/size]

good question. They keep removing more and more wireless configuration things starting with 8 and the scaling back even more with 8.1. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!