Photo

Amazon has the XBOX One in stock $499

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 xp21

xp21

Neowinian

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:25

Amazon.com has the XBOX One in stock $499 now.

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B00CMQTVUA

I grabbed one!!

#2 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:39

Just ordered one. EEK!

#3 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:52

The Xbox One is readily available in I believe all Australian retailers, so if your from Aus you can just pick one up at a local store.

Or from other places maybe some of the major retailers do international shipping.

JB HiFi, EB Games, Harvey Norman, DSE are some of the bigger retailers here for gaming systems so you can look them up and try and get delivery from Aus if stocks are low in the US?

-Side note, Australian prices are a fair bit higher so not sure if worth it especially after postage costs.

- Also not sure of any differences between the consoles between regions which may effect your console usage in a separate country.

#4 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:57

Maybe I should buy one and resell it for $1000, just kidding! I don't like those people who take advantage of people that want to buy highly sought after products like this, by inflating the price!

#5 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:59

Maybe I should buy one and resell it for $1000, just kidding! I don't like those people who take advantage of people that want to buy highly sought after products like this, by inflating the price!

Erm I think that only works on high demand products that are sold out....

#6 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:04

Erm I think that only works on high demand products that are sold out....

I have seen a flood of PS4s and Xbox Ones being sold from $700-1000. Someone who's really looking for one of these consoles for Christmas, are going to get ripped off by paying $300-500 more than retail.

#7 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:27

The Xbox One is readily available in I believe all Australian retailers, so if your from Aus you can just pick one up at a local store.

Or from other places maybe some of the major retailers do international shipping.
JB HiFi, EB Games, Harvey Norman, DSE are some of the bigger retailers here for gaming systems so you can look them up and try and get delivery from Aus if stocks are low in the US?

-Side note, Australian prices are a fair bit higher so not sure if worth it especially after postage costs.
- Also not sure of any differences between the consoles between regions which may effect your console usage in a separate country.

Outside of the price difference, there would be no issue using a console bought in AUS in the US. Its all region free and you get to pick your language and region during setup once you log into your XBL account. In regions where the X1 is not yet out, a person would have to use a credit card from AUS or prepaid cards in AUS currency in order to access XBL, but since the US is already supported, that doesn't apply.

Of course the power plug might be different, which would mean you would have to buy an adapter. What's the power plug standard in AUS?

#8 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:34

Outside of the price difference, there would be no issue using a console bought in AUS in the US. Its all region free and you get to pick your language and region during setup once you log into your XBL account. In regions where the X1 is not yet out, a person would have to use a credit card from AUS or prepaid cards in AUS currency in order to access XBL, but since the US is already supported, that doesn't apply.

Of course the power plug might be different, which would mean you would have to buy an adapter. What's the power plug standard in AUS?

Its a 3-pin plug.

australia-nz-saa-power-cords-ya-3b-1313.

I've noticed that most new consumer electronics items are coming with adapters for separate regions in the box (Like a clip-on plug for the power suply) here in Aus, so you might not even need to purchase a separate adapter; its probably in the box already.

#9 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:39

Its a 3-pin plug.

australia-nz-saa-power-cords-ya-3b-1313.

definitely need an adapter

#10 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:10

Just checked my order, and it's being prepared for shipment. Also, the page now says it's out of stock. Whew!

#11 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:29

I have seen a flood of PS4s and Xbox Ones being sold from $700-1000. Someone who's really looking for one of these consoles for Christmas, are going to get ripped off by paying $300-500 more than retail.

When the pre-orders first started I ordered a PS4 and an Xbox One since I didn't know which one I wanted.  When I decided I wanted an Xbox One I still kept the PS4 for eBay and sold it for $560.  Then because of a Microsoft error they sent me (and billed me) for 2 Xbox Ones.  I was thinking of sending it back for the refund like they told me but again I put it on eBay.  Sold it for $795.  This makes me a bad person?

#12 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:37

When the pre-orders first started I ordered a PS4 and an Xbox One since I didn't know which one I wanted.  When I decided I wanted an Xbox One I still kept the PS4 for eBay and sold it for $560.  Then because of a Microsoft error they sent me (and billed me) for 2 Xbox Ones.  I was thinking of sending it back for the refund like they told me but again I put it on eBay.  Sold it for $795.  This makes me a bad person?

oh you are a very naughty person indeed :laugh: hey, when the 360 came out I got two... sold one for $700, and it paid for the 1st one... so technically got a 360 for free... I call it capitalism... playing on supply and demand for your benefit...

#13 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:38

$598 in Australia at the moment from all big retailers.

Stock should be available from all.

Definitely buy from the country you plan to use it in.

#14 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:46

Sold out.

#15 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:35

I saw an Xbox One box go for £510 on ebay today. Buyer should have read the description.