• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 December 2013 - 20:39

$598 in Australia at the moment from all big retailers.

Stock should be available from all.

Definitely buy from the country you plan to use it in.

Yep, Xbox Ones are available in Melbourne retailers too.

What about the PS4's? any stock up near Brisbane?

#17 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:23

PS4 is sold out for 3 stock drops.

I've heard rumours that the stock drop expected on the 20th of December is going to fall short of pre-ordered 2nd drop numbers (there aren't going to be enough) and that third drop which was due early January is looking like being pushed back to March.

A complete disaster for the PS team here. Microsoft have tons of stock in channel and are just continuing to pump it in.

#18 arseny92

arseny92

Neowinian

• Phone: NOKIA Lumia 920

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:32

Outside of the price difference, there would be no issue using a console bought in AUS in the US. Its all region free and you get to pick your language and region during setup once you log into your XBL account. In regions where the X1 is not yet out, a person would have to use a credit card from AUS or prepaid cards in AUS currency in order to access XBL, but since the US is already supported, that doesn't apply.

Of course the power plug might be different, which would mean you would have to buy an adapter. What's the power plug standard in AUS?

Its a 3-pin plug.

australia-nz-saa-power-cords-ya-3b-1313.

I've noticed that most new consumer electronics items are coming with adapters for separate regions in the box (Like a clip-on plug for the power suply) here in Aus, so you might not even need to purchase a separate adapter; its probably in the box already.

It's important to note that to use an AUS device in US you are not only needing a plug adapter from Type I to Type A, but also need a step-up voltage transformer. Don't forget that AUS and most other parts of the world use 220-240V at 50Hz, but North and Central Americas, Saudi Arabia and Western Japan use 100-127V on 60Hz.

And not to mention these important touches:

Frequency is most likely to affect clocks and devices with motors. They may run faster or slower than they should, and may be damaged in the long run as a result. Again, though, some motorised devices may function correctly on either 50 or 60 Hz—especially if they also operate on batteries. Just look on the label or plug.

However, you still may need to be careful if you have a sensitive or expensive device that converts AC (power from the wall) into DC (battery-like current) – especially if you also need to convert the voltage. A device will convert AC to DC either to save battery power by allowing you to plug into the power mains or charge a battery in the device. The design of power supplies where AC is converted into DC does take frequency into account.

Even though 60 Hz converts a little more easily to DC than 50 Hz does, there's enough tolerance in most small appliances and electronic gadgets that you can ignore frequency. However, if you also need to change the voltage (because the voltage of your device is different from the power mains voltage), you cannot use a switching-type converter. You must use the heavier iron-core transformer. If in doubt, consult a reputable electrical goods dealer.

If your device won't operate with a different frequency (powerful motors and non-quartz clocks), there is very little you can do to change it. Unlike voltage, frequency cannot easily be converted, as this is set at the power plant. Foreign embassies may have to use huge generators to provide current compatible with equipment from home.

Take note on both the input and output voltage and frequency used on the Xbox One PSU, because of this.
Take into account that if a device can go to low-power modes and control power schemes then the PSU is definitely outputting VDC to the device itself.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:40

Most PSU(if not all) today will do both 110 and 230 and switch automatically.

#20 arseny92

arseny92

Neowinian

• Phone: NOKIA Lumia 920

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:46

Most PSU(if not all) today will do both 110 and 230 and switch automatically.

The Xbox One has several SKUs

1. one for the Americas which can only do 100-127v
  2. one for rest of world which can do only 220-240v
  3. and one global which can do both

* additionally they are also subdivide to Blu-ray regions and DVD regions which are important when watching movies, but games are region-free.

What are the possibilities that you will get the third SKU?

#21 Vandalsquad

Vandalsquad

Neowinian

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:01

PS4 is sold out for 3 stock drops.

I've heard rumours that the stock drop expected on the 20th of December is going to fall short of pre-ordered 2nd drop numbers (there aren't going to be enough) and that third drop which was due early January is looking like being pushed back to March.

A complete disaster for the PS team here. Microsoft have tons of stock in channel and are just continuing to pump it in.

Know several people that picked an xbox up instead of a PS4 because JB was telling them a few months into the start of next year. Microsoft planned to have a lot more stock then sony and it's paying off now over christmas. Will be interesting to see who wants to dump another $500 after the christmas rush and having already picked up an xbox and several games.

I was planning on picking a PS4 up in store, was told pre-orders where around the same so expected both to have around the same stock. Wonder how many where actually shipped here now.

#22 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 06 December 2013 - 20:42

The Xbox One has several SKUs

• one for the Americas which can only do 100-127v
  • one for rest of world which can do only 220-240v
  • and one global which can do both
* additionally they are also subdivide to Blu-ray regions and DVD regions which are important when watching movies, but games are region-free.

What are the possibilities that you will get the third SKU?

Why Microsoft needs to do this is beyond me. Simply stupid.

#23 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 December 2013 - 20:49

My Xbox One just came in, and interesting enough, it's a Day One edition.

#24 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 06 December 2013 - 22:36

new stock again

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00CMQTVUA/

#25 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 December 2013 - 00:03

It's sitting pretty at #1 on Amazon for 24 hour Best Sellers...they much be getting a lot in stock each time that they're selling out of.

#26 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:48

Microsoft is ditching the "shortages" tradition. And it's a smart move. Instead of sitting there being happy about being sold out, they pumping out units and getting them onto store shelves to be sold.

Having stock on shelves for consumers to buy, is a good thing. Especially this time of year.

#27 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:45

Sold out again.  But I managed to tell a coworker of mine that picked one up.  He asked me earlier today if I still had my extra one.

#28 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 07 December 2013 - 17:25

Microsoft is ditching the "shortages" tradition. And it's a smart move. Instead of sitting there being happy about being sold out, they pumping out units and getting them onto store shelves to be sold.

Having stock on shelves for consumers to buy, is a good thing. Especially this time of year.

according to people on reddit, people are receiving units with a manufactured date of December. they are indeed pumping these out like crazy.

#29 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 07 December 2013 - 17:30

according to people on reddit, people are receiving units manufactured in December. they are indeed pumping these out like crazy.

It does seem like MS is winning the supply race, people are saying there's a large wait for a PS4 depending on market. The XB1 seems to go out of stock for a short time and then a new batch hits the channel.

#30 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 07 December 2013 - 18:49

To be fair Sony are producing a million consoles per month.

http://www.usgamer.n...llion-worldwide

The demand just seems to be higher for the PS4s, but its still early days and could turn around for the Xbox One.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!