• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 07 December 2013 - 19:20

To be fair Sony are producing a million consoles per month.

http://www.usgamer.n...llion-worldwide

The demand just seems to be higher for the PS4s, but its still early days and could turn around for the Xbox One.

That production number is a guess at this point, do we know when the started production? I doubt it was as late as October, they set a target for the end of the year of 3million, that sounds like that's what they expected to be able to ship out to me. MS never gave a set number they expected to sell before the year ends so we'll see where it all ends up.

#32 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 December 2013 - 19:44

The demand just seems to be higher for the PS4s, but its still early days and could turn around for the Xbox One.

Microsoft could be producing that many or more. Not sure how you're drawing any conclusions from that number.

#33 macrosslover

macrosslover

Muad’Dib

Posted 07 December 2013 - 20:17

If both consoles end up within 500k units of each other at the end of each of their fiscal year/quarter then I think this is going to be another great console generation.  Microsoft just has to show to people (non-hardcore) that it's worth the extra $100 over a PS4 and that the Kinect isn't just a gimmick.  They look like they will have the software lineup coming out starting with Titanfall.  Sony looks like they will have some good software coming out next year too just a little later.

I've always said long-term Microsoft needs to compensate for the failure of the Xbox in Japan/Asian region.  If they do nothing special but just pump them out and hope people in the America and Europe and certain other regions buys the Xbox One then I think long term you'll see Sony start to get a larger market share than Microsoft but not huge since Japan really does seem to be a portable handheld country now and for the most part is a dwindling market.

#34 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 07 December 2013 - 21:29

Um, how does that link prove that demand is higher for the ps4?

I know people love to bash MS for not boasting sales numbers often enough, but are we really going to jump to a conclusion simply based on the fact that Sony announced a number?

Remember, Sony made this announcement because it included new 24hr sales data from the new regions they were launching it.  MS was already in all the regions its going to be for this year, so they didn't have any new 24hr sales to make news about.

#35 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 December 2013 - 23:58

Um, how does that link prove that demand is higher for the ps4?

I know people love to bash MS for not boasting sales numbers often enough, but are we really going to jump to a conclusion simply based on the fact that Sony announced a number?

Remember, Sony made this announcement because it included new 24hr sales data from the new regions they were launching it.  MS was already in all the regions its going to be for this year, so they didn't have any new 24hr sales to make news about.

Guys, guys, guys!  Didn't you read the article?

Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter has told investors that he expects Sony to ship 1 million PS4s per month.

An analyst said it!  Those guys are never wrong!  :rolleyes:

#36 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2013 - 00:22

Guys, guys, guys! Didn't you read the article?
An analyst said it! Those guys are never wrong! :rolleyes:

Srsly...can I have Pachters job? Seems like easy money and he's probably making more than me.

#37 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 08 December 2013 - 00:35

If both consoles end up within 500k units of each other at the end of each of their fiscal year/quarter then I think this is going to be another great console generation.  Microsoft just has to show to people (non-hardcore) that it's worth the extra $100 over a PS4 and that the Kinect isn't just a gimmick.  They look like they will have the software lineup coming out starting with Titanfall.  Sony looks like they will have some good software coming out next year too just a little later.

I've always said long-term Microsoft needs to compensate for the failure of the Xbox in Japan/Asian region.  If they do nothing special but just pump them out and hope people in the America and Europe and certain other regions buys the Xbox One then I think long term you'll see Sony start to get a larger market share than Microsoft but not huge since Japan really does seem to be a portable handheld country now and for the most part is a dwindling market.

inFamous is out in March and Minecraft in Q1 (Y)

#38 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2013 - 00:41

Go inFamous! :)

#39 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:09

Sony launched in 30 countries, Microsoft launched in "only" 13. It's Sony's loss that they can't make enough.

Destiny got delayed, that's big.

#40 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:23

Destiny got delayed, that's big.

I guess? A long wait sure, but doubt it'll hurt sales. If anything they'll be stronger with larger install base for each console.

#41 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:10

I guess? A long wait sure, but doubt it'll hurt sales. If anything they'll be stronger with larger install base for each console.

lack of titles can have people putting off purchases until a later date,which is risky . a lot can happen in that time, and it could be an opportunity for the competition to steal away a large amount of customers, or it can make their system be perceived as more popular if have more sales because of their titles.

#42 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2013 - 13:47

I left that post mid-line but let me elaborate now.

Sony has paid big bucks for exclusive Destiny content and whether you like it or not, it is one of the most anticipated hot new AAA game in the launch year. I would guess Sony might be frustrated internally because as it stands now, Sony has nothing to counter Titanfall.

#43 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 08 December 2013 - 14:32

I left that post mid-line but let me elaborate now.

Sony has paid big bucks for exclusive Destiny content and whether you like it or not, it is one of the most anticipated hot new AAA game in the launch year. I would guess Sony might be frustrated internally because as it stands now, Sony has nothing to counter Titanfall.

I just said 6 posts ago they have inFamous :p Unless you think only like-for-like genres matter?

#44 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2013 - 16:51

Well Sony did pay for exclusive content, so I could agree that they probably expected it to launch around the time Titanfall did to counter it even more.

I certainly think inFamous is a counter since its a AAA release, but maybe Sony felt they needed more. I don't know the sales history of the inFamous series, but going up against a AAA-anticipated fps may have made Sony think it would be worth paying Bungie to get an edge with Destiny, another AAA-anticipated fps/mmo/whatever

Or perhaps Sony didn't care when the game came out at all and just wanted an edge when it did come out.  They are getting the beta first as well.

#45 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 December 2013 - 17:09

I just said 6 posts ago they have inFamous :p Unless you think only like-for-like genres matter?

I wrote a line about infamous and then removed it :p I don't think Infamous will stand up to either Titanfall or Destiny. I don't follow PS3/4 games so just guessing here but Destiny/Titanfall are in a different league. :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!