Affleck: Only Film I Regret? "Daredevil"

post-15395-0-78774100-1386205061.png

He may be an acclaimed filmmaker, but even Ben Affleck himself would tell you he's starred in a few flops in his time. From forgettable rom-coms like "Bounce," "Jersey Girl" and "Forces of Nature," to action and horror duds like "Reindeer Games" and "Phantoms", and of course - "Gigli".

Yet in an interview with Playboy, Affleck says that while he'd "probably have two or three" roles he regrets, it's only one failure that still really haunts him - the Marvel superhero film "Daredevil":

"The only movie I actually regret is Daredevil. It just kills me. I love that story, that character, and the fact that it got f***ed up the way it did stays with me. Maybe that?s part of the motivation to do Batman."

In fact it's because of Daredevil's failure that he understands the online backlash against him playing Batman:

"I understand I?m at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I?d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn?t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it?"

Src

"I understand I?m at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I?d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn?t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it?"

Good one Ben, good one.

Also i deep regret watching that awful movie, DareDevil; i mean Kingpin is black? W T F??

Good one Ben, good one.

Also i deep regret watching that awful movie, DareDevil; i mean Kingpin is black? W T F??

Wanna spread that argument to Rue from Hunger Games as well? Or Green Lantern? You know?

Wanna spread that argument to Rue from Hunger Games as well? Or Green Lantern? You know?

Don't know Hunger Games as i never saw a single movie, but Green Latern the Movie is about Hal Jordan, not John Stewart.

Don't know Hunger Games as i never saw a single movie, but Green Latern the Movie is about Hal Jordan, not John Stewart.

John Stewart was a bigger bad ass.

Rue was black in the book... from the book, "And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that, she?s very like Prim in size and demeanor."

Rue was black in the book... from the book, "And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that, she?s very like Prim in size and demeanor."

A loooooooooooooooot of people disagreed all over the internet, broski. It annoyed me like crazy.

John Stewart was a bigger bad ass.

But Hal i much more knowed character, so it makes sense to have him instead of Stewart.

Ben Affleck doesn't regret Gigli because Jennifer Lopez. And that is that. Also, the Director's Cut of Daredevil is passable. Not good, but much better than the version that went to the theaters and gets shown on TV.

^^ I agree about the directors cut, its a much better film as it fills in a lot of plot points cut out for time. Terrible edit choices.

Affleck can't criticize it too much as he met his wife (Jennifer Garner) on that film. Might get chilly on the home front ;)

We are going to hold you to that, Ben. We have long memories, too.

The funny thing is that, a lot of people freaked out about the fact that Rue was black, even though excerpts from the book describe her as being black.

"And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that, she's very like Prim in size and demeanor."

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i mean Kingpin is black? W T F??

Even on the internet, racisim never stops :(

I thought Daredevil was allright... :/

ugh

Although I did think daredevil wasn't too bad, I still believe Batman's too big a role for him

I want whatever you are smoking cause that is some stronggggggggg **** there :D.

I agree. Daredevil wasnt the worst film of all time. Its passable by today's standards.

And the Director's Cut fills many plot holes, turning it into a passable effort. It could have been much, much better with a rewrite though.

As for a black Kingpin, why not? Lex Luthor has been both white and black. Get over it.

• Like 2

(..)

As for a black Kingpin, why not? Lex Luthor has been both white and black. Get over it.

The latter Michael Clarke Duncan, as an actor, did justice to the role (although i imagine a much fatter Kingpin than MCD portrayed), so that was the least of the problems that movie had; my problem is the bastardization Hollywood does to comic characters as this is a wide known white, bald, fat villain (there was an African American Kingpin in one of the Expanded Universes, if not mistaken) and Hollywood just changes it like that, that's what pisses me off.

Oh and Affleck was really bad in that movie :/

Hello,

Even on the internet, racisim never stops :(

lol wut? it's not about race or color, see my previous post.