• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:53

I've played Need for Speed Rivals for about a solid 10 hours now.. AT LEAST... However, it is one of the most buggiest games I've ever played.. It is almost as bad as the PREVIEW build of Need for Speed Undercover that leaked for Xbox 360 Dev Kits.. If not worse.. to be honest.. 

The bugs I've encountered so far,

1. Car Crash.. Sometimes when I crash my car.. it will loop the crash three or four times and going against my damage meter

-Also, I have crashed into parts of the map that gets my car stuck

2. Map Going Crazy..  A few times now, the map will just randomly pick a new destination DURING an event. Usually a far off destination too, like 13 miles.. 

3. I discovered this one on accident.. This can serve as a tip too :p.. When you hit L1 to start an event, you can hit the Turbo button just right, and it will boots your car before the event actually starts.. CAUTION! This works, but can trigger the map bug.. One time when I did this, the map when back to the starting point during half way through the race..

4. Frame Drop or "slow down".. Sometimes, when there is a lot going on, it is like the game is struggling.. 

With that said.. the COP AI is hilarious.. You can easily trick them to jump off bridges. Also, you can easily hide in some maps if you are in a map with a jump shortcut, because most of the time the cop will either "stand still" or try to jump the ramp fail over and over..

Anyone else notice the bugs? This is from the PS4 version..  

#2 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:41

what did you expect? This game is such a POS

#3 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

Posted 05 December 2013 - 14:53

It's just sad.. The Need for Speed is such a great Franchise..  But.. EA has done a horrible job with a lot of their games lately. 

#4 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:01

It's just sad.. The Need for Speed is such a great Franchise..  But.. EA has done a horrible job with a lot of their games lately. 

EA is a cancer to the video game world. NFS, and now Battlefield 4, its turning into a different COD clone. Pump out DLC, overprice, rinse and repeat. I can't stand EA

#5 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:13

EA is a cancer to the video game world. NFS, and now Battlefield 4, its turning into a different COD clone. Pump out DLC, overprice, rinse and repeat. I can't stand EA

Don't forget SimCity!

#6 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:25

Don't forget SimCity!

and every other game that they're turning into micro-transaction fests *cough*dead space 3*cough*

#7 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:29

NFS on the PC is great.  Can't really speak for or against the console versions.

#8 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:44

NFS on the PC is great.  Can't really speak for or against the console versions.

yes, it's totally great on PC /s

I'm sorry but I really have to agree with TotalBiscuit on this one

#9 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:44

I've played Need for Speed Rivals for about a solid 10 hours now.. AT LEAST... However, it is one of the most buggiest games I've ever played.. It is almost as bad as the PREVIEW build of Need for Speed Undercover that leaked for Xbox 360 Dev Kits.. If not worse.. to be honest.. 

The bugs I've encountered so far,

1. Car Crash.. Sometimes when I crash my car.. it will loop the crash three or four times and going against my damage meter

-Also, I have crashed into parts of the map that gets my car stuck

2. Map Going Crazy..  A few times now, the map will just randomly pick a new destination DURING an event. Usually a far off destination too, like 13 miles.. 

3. I discovered this one on accident.. This can serve as a tip too :p.. When you hit L1 to start an event, you can hit the Turbo button just right, and it will boots your car before the event actually starts.. CAUTION! This works, but can trigger the map bug.. One time when I did this, the map when back to the starting point during half way through the race..

4. Frame Drop or "slow down".. Sometimes, when there is a lot going on, it is like the game is struggling.. 

With that said.. the COP AI is hilarious.. You can easily trick them to jump off bridges. Also, you can easily hide in some maps if you are in a map with a jump shortcut, because most of the time the cop will either "stand still" or try to jump the ramp fail over and over..

Anyone else notice the bugs? This is from the PS4 version..  

Okay - cops going airborne IS a part of the game.  Also, I have news for you - the police cars in the game CAN handle flight at least as well as the racers.  (Have you played AS a cop yet?)

Didn't have the map bug (PC version).

I have a low-spec PC, and do have an issue with I/O-based lag - but that is likely BECAUSE I have a lower-spec PC (Q6600 stock, GTX550Ti, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center, x64 executable, 4 GB DDR2).  It could easily be worse, and likely would be with a dual-core (E6600).

#10 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:46

just...no. its an awesome game. the only thing that would make this game a 10/10 for me is if there was local split screen,like the old days.

#11 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:47

Okay - cops going airborne IS a part of the game.  Also, I have news for you - the police cars in the game CAN handle flight at least as well as the racers.  (Have you played AS a cop yet?)

Didn't have the map bug (PC version).

I have a low-spec PC, and do have an issue with I/O-based lag - but that is likely BECAUSE I have a lower-spec PC (Q6600 stock, GTX550Ti, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center, x64 executable, 4 GB DDR2).  It could easily be worse, and likely would be with a dual-core (E6600).

i know they can make the jumps.. But, most of the time, they fail.. from what I seen.. and when they can't make it, the cop car just sits still and doesn't move.. This is the PS4 version..

What I also saying, you can trick them, by just driving up a ramp slowly, and stopping about halfway, they go over 100% of the time.. That isn't really bug, but just dumb AI.. i mean you can be going 5mph and they still jump it.. lol

#12 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:59

Works great, looks beautiful.  Story is kinda wack but wouldn't expect much else for a racing game.  Never had to rewatch any videos, unlike TB, so wondered if he even got past the tutorials before quitting the game.

#13 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 05 December 2013 - 16:06

Well if there is ever a trial/demo for the game on console, I'll give it a try.  Sounds like its having some issues though.

#14 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:12

It obviously has issues, but within about 4 minutes of that video I felt like yelling at him 

shut_up_breaking_bad.gif

#15 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 05 December 2013 - 18:05

It obviously has issues

I could count the number of issues I've had with the game on one hand, but I haven't had any so I guess not.