Webcam software that creates small videos during motion detection

Question

I had some software that created a video clip for each time motion was captured on the webcam.

I have lost this software and can only find software that takes photos, or creates one large video that begins when the first motion is detected and records forever afterward.

Software I've tried includes Motion Detection, Webcam Motion Detection, Yawcam and iSpy.

Those that do record video just seem to record one long video upon first detection, which is a waste of space and takes literally hours to watch. I need one that records a clip just whilst motion is active.

My Logitech software doesn't load, so I can't try that.

Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Sorry for some reason only the URL posted, and not my text.

Add the camera, then right click on the camera in the main window. Click edit, and goto Recording tab.

Set record on motion, and set a max record time.

"and couldn't figure out how to make it only make clips when there is motion."

Did you think maybe to RTFM?? ;)

http://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-recording.aspx

Recording Settings:

Max. Calibration Delay: This is the time in seconds that the camera will wait after switching on before it enables alerts/ motion detection. This delay gives the camera enough time to initialise, adjust to the brightness of the room, focus the lens, auto whitebalance etc. If you are getting false alerts from your camera when it switches on try increasing this value.

Buffer: This is the number of seconds of video to buffer in memory. This feature enables iSpy to capture the full event that causes the motion detection event.

Inactivity Record: The number of seconds to continue recording after motion is no longer detected. With a low value you may get lots of seperate clips. With a higher value you will get fewer clips but longer periods of inactivity recorded.

Max. Record Time: This sets a maximum limit on the length of the videos generated. FFMPEG can use a lot of processor power converting long videos so it's advisable to keep this value to 15 minutes (900 seconds) or less. This setting applies to record on demand as well - iSpy will stop recording at the limit, start converting the video and start recording again.