• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,400 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:10

Cars: Gran Turismo 6

I picked cars as the first entry for this comparison so I can rant a bit. People were loud and mad at Forza 5's 200 or so available cars. Yes, GT6 has 1,200 cars, but I'm willing to bet that most gamers won't touch many of the cars in the bottom ranks.I mean, a Daihatsu hatch isn't something you'd brag about. And Gran Turismo games offer several variations on one model. Cut the ones you'd never drive and the variations and the number would go down quite a bit.

AI: Forza Motorsport 5

GT6's AI is better than ever, but there's better out there. I'm glad to say that gone are the days where you'd find that the second- and third-place drivers would magically appear behind you when one tire touches even the smallest patch of dirt or grass. It seems less about cars following scripted paths this time around, though I can't help but think that the heat is artificially turned up near the end of the last lap. GT6's AI is good, but it still needs work.

Summary:

Again, you can't go wrong with either. I'm really glad I have both. I think of Forza 5 when I want to race, while I think of GT6 when I want to drive. That's what it really comes down to for me. I go to Forza for the flash and spectacle, I go to Gran Turismo when I want to play in an automotive toy box. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

But, if I had to pick one racing game to take to a desert island to play for the rest of my life, it would be Gran Turismo 6.

Whole topic: http://www.destructo...-5-266972.phtml

#2 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,887 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:12

I will pick up GT6.. but, the micro transactions suck!

#3 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:18

I think it speaks volumes for Forza 5 when they're comparing it against a game which hasn't had to contend with learning to work with new console hardware and is a launch title. 

#4 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:24

Gran Turismo 6 is a previous gen console title and forza 5 is a next gen console, it isn't fair at all to compare them! Its like comparing gran turismo 2 to gran turismo 3

#5 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,630 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:25

I was watching a youtube video of GT6 today and thought the graphics were pretty disappointing compared to Forza.  Maybe the two are more similar in real life but Forza looks more impressive to me.

#6 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:30

The Xbox one is significantly more powerful than the ps3, thus forza 5 will offer more realism than gran turismo 6. This is a stupid comparison :angry:

#7 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,630 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:33

The Xbox one is significantly more powerful than the ps3, thus forza 5 will offer more realism than gran turismo 6. This is a stupid comparison :angry:

Fair enough.

#8 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 06 December 2013 - 21:34

I kind of figured GT6 would come out on top despite being less 'pretty'.

#9 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 8,148 posts
  • Phone: Blu Win HD W510u

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:55

You have to watch this at 1080p.

#10 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

• 738 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:05

"But, if I had to pick one racing game to take to a desert island to play for the rest of my life, it would be Gran Turismo 6."

Oh god no. After playing both games, I'd never play GT6 again. It looks like absolute trash compared to F5.

#11 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,501 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:05

Even at 1080p it's a horrible blurry mess. And why is the Forza logo so blurry compared to the GT6 logo?

#12 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 8,148 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:09

I was impressed with the skid marks on the road reflecting light.  You can see the effect around 1:43.

#13 Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 1,226 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Droid Mini

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:31

"But, if I had to pick one racing game to take to a desert island to play for the rest of my life, it would be Gran Turismo 6."

Oh god no. After playing both games, I'd never play GT6 again. It looks like absolute trash compared to F5.

Imagine that a next gen game looks better then a previous gen game.
Believe it or not though some people care about more then just graphics in a game. The article does state the graphics are significantly better in F5. But with more tracks, more cars, better career mode, and less annoying micro-transactions GT6 edges it out in the authors view. He does state both are great games though.

#14 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

• 3,013 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 18:48

Daft to compare the two, especially graphically.

If you want to compare GT5 and GT6 though... I can't help but shake the feeling that GT5 looked more polished. The new lighting in GT6 is gorgeous (and a PS4 away from being as good as Forza 5's) as are the premium car models, but sometimes (and particularly on Bathurst, but it doesn't show in the video) the aliasing gets so rough and the shadows so glitchy it makes the game look truly awful. However, it isn't that bad on all the tracks, and on the whole I am enjoying GT6 more than GT5.

#15 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• 8,148 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 18:53

Daft to compare the two, especially graphically.

If you want to compare GT5 and GT6 though... I can't help but shake the feeling that GT5 looked more polished. The new lighting in GT6 is gorgeous (and a PS4 away from being as good as Forza 5's) as are the premium car models, but sometimes (and particularly on Bathurst, but it doesn't show in the video) the aliasing gets so rough and the shadows so glitchy it makes the game look truly awful. However, it isn't that bad on all the tracks, and on the whole I am enjoying GT6 more than GT5.

Well, here you go: